Till death do us part

A/n- heres a oneshot for you all , thank you @iris_lertino for the idea. they are a wonderful person so go follow them but for the most part enjoy ladies and gentlemen. This will also be posted on my tumblr

tw- suicide

It had been about 5 years since you and ghost had been together. life was different between you and simon now compared to when he had first met you when you were both in the same unit. you got married the third year of the relationship and stood married for the rest of the two. At first he was cold , uncaring and very bitter but hwnr you got to know Simon he broke down his walls and let you in and what you saw was a sad and broken man. He was torn from his childhood , stripped from being himself and he simply just had to survive growing up but when he found you that wound that had been opened for many years started to heal and close.

he found peace within you and you were his safe place.

Recently he had  been off on duty working per usual while you stood at home working at your desk as you had been discharged and  , he was out with the others of task force 141 and simply doing the missions and such that Laswell had sent them all on but there had been a mission that's been going on for over a few months. It was a cartel, a very dangerous one at that. him and the  others of task force 141 had been assigned to look for tyhe leader and as they had went on the search soap had gotten killed. when you heard the news of soaps death it crushed you but most of all it crushed simon.

Simons has been so stressed lately , he hasn't eaten , stopped sleeping properly and he hasn't contacted you one bit. soap had been the one to tell you about his conditions and your heart broke as you read the letter soap had sent. recent events had been hard but as you stood currently in the living room watching tv nestled into the couch cushions you jumped as you heard the front door open and slam.you instantly stood up , your heart rate speeding up and your breath going more shallow as your thoughts ran. you went to walk to see what it was but your heart dropped when you saw simon standing before you , covered in dirt and grim as well as there was dried up blood on his gear. you saw the anger and betrayal in his eyes as he stood before you at a good 6 feet away.

his eyes were tired. you saw how his eyes grew glossy the longer he looked at you and you saw how his fists were balled up at  his sides. The room was tense and the longer you both stood quite the thicker the tension grew. You could tell Simon wanted to shout out at you , you saw the way he held back his anger just by the way he held himself. He was tense , fists were balled up and the silence was palpable but what  was even worse was the guilt.
'' simon whats going on–''
''thats ghost to you , you know what fuck you did.''
he cut you off , his deep tone gruff and quiet as he spoke as he tried to keep a level headed attitude but you both knew that couldn't happen. your eyes widened as you looked into his eyes , behind that mask you knew was a hurt man but most of all an angry one.

you were scared , he just stood there for a moment and as you tried to get close you saw him reach for his side where his gun stood holsted. you sighed and you shook your head before your face grew dark and serious. a look of guilt was starting to creep up onto your face slowly as things got tenser when he pushed you into the wall nesby harshly causing you to wince as you felt the wind practically get knocked out of your lungs but before you could react you get the sharp blade of a knife against your neck. he had you pinned down with nowhere to go. you knew that in this moment it changed everything , the way Simon viewed you , the way he looked at you but most of all the one thing that would never change for you was his love.

''I loved you...I trusted you and this is what you do behind my back? was all of it a lie just to get here?''
His tone was firm and blunt but there was a deep unexplainable sadness and grief that lay behind his tone. you couldn't even look him in the eyes when you knew that he knew. you had secretly been working undercover for a well known terrorist group out in the outskirts of Mexico importing drugs in and out but most of all you were the reason for so many innocent deaths. Simon would never usually dare lay a hand on you but in this moment everything was different , he was different. Once he found out that you were the reason for soap's death he knew that there was no way in hell that he would let this go. soap was his everything and he wasn't going to give that up easily regardless if you were his wife or not but now all he saw you as was a target.

''ghost i...''
you couldn't get the words out , there was no justifying what you did and you knew that whatever was going to be done with you was well deserved and you knew all too well that death would be a part of it.
''for what? all this for what?''
he was breaking, his tone was filled with sadness and a feeling of betrayal.
tears filled your eyes as you heard his words and you shook your head.
''i love you , i truly do....i cannot justify what i did....i know what you must do.''
you kept a steady tone but your watery eyes showed otherwise. as simon saw this he felt his hand , the one that held the knife up to your neck start to shake a little.
'' i love you simon for you , i love everything about you but find someone worth fighting for...''

you felt his grip tighten on you.

''I FOUGHT FOR YOU I WAS THE ONE TRYING TO KEEP YOU SAFE  ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT YOU WERE THE ONE INVOLVED , I LOVED YOU Y/N WITH MY EVERYTHING''
he shouted as he let his anger and emotions boil over.
''I LOVED YOU I NEVER WANTED TO BE THE ONE TO END UP IN THIS POSITION , NEVER. I LOVED YOU SO MUCH , I CARED ABOUT SOAP BUT HERE I AM ONLY TO FIND OUT EVERYTHING WAS YOU.""
his words cut through you like a sharp knife , you shook you head and looked him in the eyes.

'' finish the mission....do what you came to do. just know in the end that i loved you and know that not everything will be the same but i will always be out there for you and looking out for you.''

These were your last words before you managed to grab the gun in his thigh holster and you shot yourself. his eyes widened as he saw  the red flash past his eyes and your body grew limp as you slid down the wall and onto the floor with a thud with the gun still in your hand. the blood pooling around your body as the red crimson flowed from your head. Simon felt his hands shake as he kneeled down to you seeing your now lifeless body lay before him. He felt his breathing hitch in his throat as he gently held you. it was over. life was over and he felt it held no meaning anymore. The mission was over but what now?. he silently just held you. you were the only person in life that he loved , the only person he'd let touch him , the only person he'd hold at night and keep secrued when having bad dreams but now his life held no meaning. just sadness. he lifted his mask halfway and kissed your now growing cold forhead and he took the gun from your hand

he couldn't take it.

another shot rang off.

he was sure when you all read your wedding vows but now they came true.

until death do us part.