Clear as water

A/n-LONG ASS ONESHOT SO ENJOY , also this fanfic with also be posted on my tumblr !

Tw-mentions of abuse , death, suicide and foster care , mentions of scars

It was late at base  , too late to be exact and you stood working at your desk in your office like a dog , hunched over as you typed away. You mostly stood at work keeping to yourself as you were still going through papers , the bags under your eyes were evident and the fatigue was almost fully shown as you kept working an writing away. You had always stood late doing work , just to take your mind off things and the fact that you had seen so much blood throughout the weeks. You wanted to escape it but this was something you knew you couldn't. It was something you just lived with and learned to cope with.

You were quiet most of the time , cracking jokes here and there with a witty comment every once in a while but you even knew that you needed sleep but you refused. You knew that if you slept you'd see it all over again , the same moments replaying in your head of your dying comrades and your friends leaving this world. So you kept working to try and take your mind off it until you eventually slept do to exhaustion. Currently at the moment You had been so caught up in your work now that you haven't even noticed ghost standing behind you, lurking about.

The soldier stood there, towering above you , keeping quiet as he did so with an unamused look in his eyes , regardless of the mask you
knew him as clear as day. You saw his reflection on The screen of your computer and you turned around with a tired and unfazed look. You were one of the women around currently  at a base filled with men, mostly ones who would tease or insult , but you were no pushover. You cracked jokes, were blunt and spoke when needed, which is exactly what made you fit in for the job. You were tough but even the toughest ones have there struggles.

"What is it."
You sighed as you looked at him.
"You need to go to sleep , you're working around like some stupid emotionless robot."
His voice was very blunt and clear.
He's been worried about you but he's also been angry. He's angry since you never really show your feelings but most of all he's angry at himself.
He was so used to being an emotionless mask himself that he hated that you had never let anyone behind your walls either. He wanted you to crack.He was angry, angry at the world and angry at you.

"Yknow maybe if you quit being so fucking vuage and maybe let someone in you'd be alright yeah ? But no you just gotta be some emotionaless fucking doll."
His tone was low and slowly changing to one of anger and disgust. This caught your attentions and your eyes narrowed as you stood up from your desk and you glared at him.
"Don't you fucking project your shit onto me you fucking cuck, you the same like me you fucking asshole yet you refuse to see that maybe I have shit fucking going on I rather not talk about you absolutely fucking oblivious asshole."
You snapped , you were at your breaking point with him.

He had always tried to get you to open up , always tried to push further to see if you'd crack and give into telling him whatever but that wasn't it. You didn't want to tell anyone as you rather forget what you had been through. You went through a lot growing up. You Mother passed away due to suicide and your father was a abusive drunk towards you , leaving so many scars on you to remember for later on. You got put into foster care once your father got arrested for drunk driving and you stood hopping home to home until you eventually just grew out of the system. You never had a chance to grow up really and you had gotten robbed of your childhood. Life wasn't easy but you walked through like nothing.

Ghost  looked stunned for a second before his face contorted into anger. He hated that you were seeing right through him and you and him both knew it. He never told you about his past but you knew all too well with just his mannerisms.
"You think I don't have my issues, too?"
He glared and you shook your head before listening to him continue on.
"Your unemotional mask is just a shield, covering up whatever emotions you have left to protect you. Do you know how pathetic it is to hide your emotions because you're afraid of being vulnerable?" Ghost continued, his expression hard as he looked down at you, his fist clenched at his sides.