Please dont

Tw : self harm mentions and mentions of scars and overdose if this triggers you please skip this and this was requested .

A/n : for anyone who may struggle with SH I'm sending you love and hugs , I hope that you get better and I want you to know that your not in this alone and you will get through this and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here , I may not know what to say or do but I will always be here to listen :)

You were outside next to ghost working on the humvee tinkering with a few things here and there . You decided that you would change the oil and tighten up a few things and check for hollow ends In the metal . It was scorching hot out side . I mean no shit you were in Mexico it's fucking hot but you were able to handle it well.
" y/n you don't wanna take off your sweater?."
Ghost asked a little concerned.
" no I'm fine ."
Shit Shit shit .
You prayed he didn't ask but who wouldn't I mean it's scorching hot outside but that's besides the point. You didn't want him to know about any of it .
" are you sure .?"
He kept asking .
You nodded your head as you worked on the engine , your hands greasy and your sleeves dirty .
" yeah I'm fine ."
You said quietly .
You weren't fine at all.
It was hot and you were extremely sweaty and exhausted but you didn't want him to know at all , it's been a while since you have been dealing with self harm for about 2 years and it has gotten better but it started to go down hill.
You started cutting again after being clean for two months , it's gotten out of hand but most of the cuts that you had , had already turned to scars . Light tiny scars littered your arms and even some on your ankles . Ghost sat handed you your tools and he helped or when he could . He used his shirt and wiped away the sweat that was dripping from his mask down to his neck .
" hey I'll be back luv I'm gonna get some ice from the freezer for us , it's hot as fuck out here."
Ghost said as he gave your shoulder a pat and he walked of .
You made sure he was gone fully and you took off your sweater and wiped your sweat . You looked down at your arms and it made you uneasy and feel a bit insecure . You didn't like that you had these scars , you cut because it was your way of coping with your strong emotions , cutting was your way of releasing some of that emotional tension . You hadn't noticed but Ghost came back and his eyes widened in shock . He's seen those scars before , he knows all to well and he's seen it in other soldiers but on you made his heart drop.
He dropped the ice and walked over to you carefully and he looked down at your arms to see the little light scars covered in your arms.
You turned and noticed him and quickly moved away covered your arms with your jacket . You looked down in shame as tears prick the corners of your eyes. Ghost kept a 3 foot distance and he held his hands out hoping to not provoke you.
" luv ...you know you can tell me anything ."
He said quietly and softly .
You shook your head and slouched down and you ran your fingers through your hair and covered your face . Tears rolled down your face and ghost rushed to your side and he sat next to you .
" I don't know okay , I was clean for 2 months I was doing so good then it went to shit. "
You said trying to choke down your sobs .
" I know It's hard , but may I ask when ?."
He said quietly .
" when I found out that my sister overdosed it was just too much , after that my mother fell into a deep depression and she wound up killing herself. It was too much and still is ."
You said between sobs .
" I know it's a way of coping but you know that you could've told me ."
He said softly .
" I know I just didn't want to scare you ."
You said quietly , almost to the point he couldn't hear you but thankfully he did .
" I understand that ...is it okay if I Hold you ?."
He asked .
You nodded silently and he wrapped his arms around you . Your back to his chest and his arms around you.
" I wish I could just get rid of my scars , there ugly and I hate them ."
You said faintly as more tears flowed .
" there not ugly , your scars tell a story they tell you about your journey and trust and believe me we will get through this together. You are not alone on this , I will be there every step of the way with you helping you deal with this ."
He said gently .
" y/n if you ever have the urge just tel me and I will be there and try to help you no matter what , trust me you will get through this ."
He said while hugging you tightly as if you would slip between his fingers .
" thank you ."
You said while wiping some of your tears .
" I love you y/n and no matter what happens we are in this together."
Ghost said while rubbing your arm for comfort.
" I love you too , I hope I didn't bother you. "
You said while resting your head on him.
" you'll never bother me ever , how about we take a break and get something to eat yeh ? Maybe get your mind off things for a bit."
He said as he looked down at you.
" okay."
You said In a  sniffle .
He lifted his mask half way and he pressed a small kiss on top of your head and he held you for a moment. You both went to Rec room to eat and he kept You close to you. He made sure every so often that you were okay and would check up on you frequently. You were glad to have such a caring boyfriend and he made it clear that you weren't in this alone . He helped you when you went to him when you had the urge and he made sure to try and calm you down . He would hold you between his legs and he would hold your hands gently to prevent you from hurting yourself . He did breathing exercises with you to try and calm down your strong feelings that was triggering it . A few months passed and you've been clean ever since . You've been so proud of yourself and you stopped feeling insecure about your scars , they showed your journey and it showed how you over came it . You no longer did it and you overcame self harm , you did it . Ghost was so proud of you and he was glad that he was able to help you and make sure that you got better .