Something's Wrong

"WHO DID THIS TO MY BASEBALL BAT?!"

Matthew laughed nervously as an angry Yujin marched to the hall with his broken baseball bat. Everyone except Gyuvin, Taerae and Matthew looked at the bat in surprise.

"Oh my...what happened to it?" Matthew said sheepishly, trying to play innocent. Taerae raised an eyebrow at Matthew's fantastic acting.

Gyuvin and Taerae shared a look, remembering what happened a few hours ago.

"I'M GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THAT BASTARD"

"HYUNG NO"

"WAIT IS THAT YUJIN'S BASEBALL BAT?!"

"THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!"

"LET GO OF ME TAERAE"

"YOU DUMBASS YOU WILL GET EXPELLED"

"YEAH HYUNG WE CAN'T LET YOU GET EXPELLED-"

"MATTHEW WE CAN MAKE A PLAN TO KILL HIM LA-"

"HYUNG NO-"

"Calm down, I will buy you a new one later." Ricky said nonchalantly while taking a sip from his coffee. At that Yujin's eyes sparkled as he sat down next to Ricky, telling him about the new Baseball bat that he wanted.

Matthew let out a breath of relief. "You're lucky Ricky saved you." Taerae whispered as he nudged Matthew in the stomach making him glare at him. Gyuvin smiled hearing the silly interaction between Taerae and Matthew.

Ricky shook his head as Yujin went away while discussing about the best baseball bat to buy with Gunwook. He glanced at Gyuvin who had a huge smile on his face as he silently listened to Matthew and Taerae bicker. Instantly, he felt his day getting better.

"Ohh you're being so obvious." Hao teased in Chinese earning an eye roll from Ricky. "It's not like he'll notice anyway." He replied back in Chinese, leaning back in his chair. Hao looked at Gyuvin at smiled. "That's true. He's too oblivious."

"What's up with Hanbin hyung?" Ricky asked as he glanced at Hao for a second. He suppressed a laugh when he noticed Hao's ears turning red.

"What about him?" Hao asked, looking somewhere else to avoid eye contact.

"Look who's being so obvious now." Ricky commented sarcastically making Hao glare at him.

A familiar ringtone forced Hao to tear his glare away from Ricky. With one last look he answered his phone and left while talking with his mom.

Ricky grabbed his own phone to scroll on social media. He knows for a fact he will end up staring at Gyuvin if he doesn't distract himself. Gyuvin being the oblivious kid he is, probably won't notice but others will and Ricky doesn't want that.

He looked up from his phone when he felt a light poke on his arm. "What?" He asked Matthew who was now sitting beside him and smiling weirdly.

"Thanks for buying a new Baseball bat for Yujin." He said. "You were the one who broke his baseball bat, weren't you?" Ricky asked and watched all the colours drain from Matthew's face.

"Please don't tell anyone! I will give you something very amazing in return." Matthew pleaded and joined his hands dramatically. Ricky furrowed his eyebrows.

That sounds so weird.

"I don't want it-"

"It's Gyuvin's cute photos."

"...alright then deal."

_____

Gyuvin sighed as he watched Matthew and Taerae act like bodyguards on either of his side. They would glare at any male thinking it's Munhyuk.

"What's up with them?" Hanbin whispered to Gyuvin as he watched the duo in amusement. Gyuvin shrugged in response.

After few moments of walking, they had to part ways to go to their respective classes. Hanbin and Hao had to practically drag Taerae and Matthew away.

Gyuvin waved to the two who were being dragged away, they still shot him a smile before disappearing from his sight though.

He raised an eyebrow at Ricky who just snickered while watching the two. Somehow, they were the only ones in the secluded hallway.

"What's so funny?" Gyuvin asked with genuine curiosity. Ricky stared at him blankly for a while before suddenly stepping forward and hugging him.

Even though Gyuvin was caught off-guard, his hands automatically wrapped around Ricky, reciprocating to the hug. The question was long back forgotten as the two shared an embrace.

"Are you okay?" Ricky asked in a soft voice with concern written all over his face as he pulled away. And fuck, did that make Gyuvin feel butterflies in his stomach.

"Yeah...I'm fine." Gyuvin replied hesitantly and smiled. Ricky pursed his lips and frowned. "Your smile..." He trailed off as he observed Gyuvin's face carefully.

"It's not real. And there are eyebags under your eyes. There's obviously something stressing you out." Ricky stated without hesitation and watched as Gyuvin's eyes widened in panic as he tried to come up with an excuse.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but..." Ricky started and looked directly into Gyuvin's eyes. "Remember I'll always be there for you whenever you need me."

Suddenly the bell rang, interrupting the moment and signaling them to go to their classes. Ricky turned on his heel and left, leaving behind a dazed Gyuvin.

"Why the fuck is my heart beating so fast?"