Past

"Eomma, don't worry. I am fine. Jeonghyeon was there too." Gyuvin said softly to his mother. He decided to drop by his parents house since it was the weekend and he missed them.

He was telling his mom about this year's incidents and somehow his tongue slipped and he mentioned about the cafe incident. So now here he was, holding his mother's hand and comforting her.

"B-but what if s-something happened to you. I-I don't want the p-past to r-repeat." His mother said between sobs remembering the disturbing things his son had faced.

"Eomma, I will not let the past repeat itself. Remember Jeonghyeon taught me how to punch really good. Besides my friends are always around me. There is no way anything would happen to me if they are with me." Gyuvin said softly, trying to stop his mother from crying.

After a few minutes his mother finally calmed down. "Baby, promise me if you are going through any difficulty then you will tell me or your appa." His mother said in a begging tone making Gyuvin frown slightly.

He rubbed her hand in a comforting manner and said. "Don't worry Eomma, I will tell you everything." He said sincerely.

The lovely and wholesome moment between the mother-son duo was interrupted by a loud grumble.

His mother giggled and pinched his cheeks. "Aigoo, my Gyuvinie is hungry. I will go make food for you." She said as she got up and went to the kitchen.

__

Feeling bored, Gyuvin decided to go outside. "Eomma, I am going to take a walk outside." Gyuvin yelled as he got up. "Ok but be back soon." His mother yelled back.

Cold air hit his skin softly as soon as he opened the door making him chuckle. He shoved his hands in his pockets and sighed.

"That incident really left an effect on her..." Gyuvin mumbled to himself as his mind drifted back to a few years ago.

__

"Hyeon wait up for me!" A boy no more than thirteen yelled making his best friend stop in his track and turn back.

"Gyu, I thought you were sick and weren't going to come." His best friend said with a small frown.

"Oh about that, my fever went down so eomma allowed me to go to school." He said sheepishly making his best friend smile brightly.

"That's great! It was so boring without you." His bestfriend said as he intervined his hand with him.

"Mhm, I know right. I was so bored at home alone." The boy said as he walked hand-in-hand with his bestfriend.

Making random conversations and jokes on their way, the boys finally reached their school. Since they were in different classes, both of them parted ways to go to their respective classrooms.

On his way, Gyuvin saw a senior carrying heavy bundles of papers so he decided to help him. He tapped on the senior's shoulder to get his attention.

"Yes? Do you need something?" The senior asked as he turned back and saw him. "Can I please help you carry these papers?" Gyuvin asked with a bright smile.

"But don't you have class right now?" The senior asked, suspicious that he was skipping classes. "Nope, there is still twenty minutes left." Gyuvin said without dropping the bright smile.

"Cute" The senior chuckled and mumbled under his breath. "You can carry that." He said pointing at a small bundle of papers.

"Okay." Gyuvin said cheerfully and took the bundle in his hands. "What's your name?" The senior asked.

"Oh, I am Kim Gyuvin!" He said and bowed a little almost dropping the papers making the senior laugh at his silly antics.

"Well, Gyuvin it's nice to meet you. I am Park Hanbin." The senior said with a smile. "Nice to meet you too senior." Gyuvin said happily.