Chapter 21

Do vote and comment. Your comment matters to me💗
Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and updates...!!
_authoranuu__ my Instagram handle

Check out the first chapter of "Whispers Of Royalty".

____________________________________________________________________________

HOSPITAL (Outside the OT)
AXAR

I pace back and forth in the hospital corridor, feeling restless and anxious. It's been four hours since Aditi's mom surgery started, and I haven't heard anything from the doctors since then. The only update I got was when the doctor came out for two minutes and told us that her mom's heartbeat had stopped for three minutes, but then they managed to revive her. He said they were facing some complications and had to extend the operation. He didn't look very hopeful.

I glance at Aditi, who is sitting on a bench, clutching a rosary in her hands. She looks pale and exhausted, her eyes red from crying. She hasn't spoken a word since the doctor left. I want to comfort her, to tell her that everything will be okay, but I don't have the words. I don't know if everything will be okay. I don't know if her mom will make it.

I feel helpless and frustrated. Why did this have to happen? Why did her mom have to suffer a stroke? She was healthy and happy, always smiling and joking. She welcomed me into her family with open arms, and treated me like her own son. She was the kindest and most generous person I ever met.

✰✰ Few Days Ago ✰✰

I still remember the day when I and Nash went with Arohi to pearl's house. Her mom was in the room sitting on the bed knitting a sweater. I thought maybe for Aditi she was knitting. When she saw us, she welcomed both of us by opening her arms. We both hugged her. I felt like I was hugging my mom. She talked to us on different topics, asked us about our hobbies. How we both brothers manage the company. She told us about Our Father and Mr Das interactions when they used to meet.

"Aunty, what about you?? What are your hobbies?" Nash asked her.

She took a long sigh, smiled at us and said, "Before the accident, I used to dance. I was a kathak dancer. I started learning when I was in my teen age" She smiled remembering her teenage days but what made us frown was "the accident part". I and Nash both looked at each other at the same time.

"When I and my husband was traveling to Jaipur by car, we got hit by a truck. The driver was drunk. He was driving the truck in full speed we don't know when it hitted our car. In that accident only, my husband lost his life on the spot and I lost my left leg. I was in coma for five weeks. Aditi was just 16 years old. I remember it was her boards result day. She lost her father during that time when she needed him the most"  She said everything in one go after noticing our facial expression. A drop of tear left from her eyes. Arohi went to her side and hugged her. She kissed her forehead, wiped her tears.

Nash was crying. He is the type of boy who can't control his emotions and I guess that's a good thing. Arohi noticed Nash is crying, so she came, stood infront of him and wiped his tears. She ruffled his hairs to which he giggled like a baby. 

I went to Mrs Das and hugged her. I kept my head on her shoulders. "You are an inspiration, Aunty" I said to her to which she smiled and carressed my back.

✰✰✰

I pray to God, to any higher power that might be listening, to save her. To give her a chance to live. To let her see her daughter get married, to let her hold her grandchildren, to let her enjoy her life. She deserves it. She deserves so much more.