Chapter 12

Do vote and comment 🫶 ❤️
Your comments motivates me to writes. Your reviews and feedbacks will mean a lot to me. Please don't be a silent reader 🥺
Thank you so much for 1.13k reads🧿❤️😭
Follow me on Instagram _authoranuu__
Follow me on Wattpad!!!
Let's get started

(⁠✿⁠ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠) (⁠✿⁠ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠) (⁠✿⁠ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠) (⁠✿⁠ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠)

Author's Pov
Later that day

Arohi had been lying on the sofa, re-watching a drama series she had watched many times before. It was well past four pm and the sun had almost set outside. As she reached out to her phone to put it on silent, so that she wouldn't be disturbed, it started ringing. She quickly answered, expecting it to be one of her friends, only to hear the dulcet voice of her sister Sristi.

'Where are you?' she had asked. To which Arohi had replied, 'I am at home, what's up?'

"I called to invite you," Sristi said to her sister making her eyebrow frown. Arohi asked her "Invite me where"

"At mom's place for lunch. I have to tell you guys something important" Sristi said and hearing this, Arohi felt as if she got a 440-volt shock.

Aarohi's hands started trembling. It seemed as if she had come bathed in sweat because she was sweating from head to toe. Nervousness, fear, hatred, and anger were all visible together in her eyes. Yet she controlled herself, took a deep breath and said to his sister "Okay, will join you guys" and disconnected the phone.

Arohi was never very fond of her mother and visiting her was the last thing she wanted to do. But for the sake of her relationship with her sister, she agreed.

Now she doesn't even feel like watching the drama so she closed the laptop, switched off the phone and tried to sleep to get rid of all the thoughts.

AT DAS RESIDENCE

Aditi's Pov

Today is Sunday but it feels like MONDAY. I should be relaxing right now because it's Sunday but nowhere I am sitting and checking some documents from my company, after that, I have to prepare dinner for myself and Mom and sit with my secretary to discuss my December schedule.

I finished my work and went towards my mom's room. I saw her holding a photo of my late father, gazing longingly at it with a look of poignant sorrow on her face. I knew how much my mother missed him and it breaks my heart to see her like this. I wanted to comfort her but knew that any discussion about him would make her too weak. I did not want to see her mourn the loss of her beloved husband so I went to the kitchen to make some snacks for her instead.

Author's Pov

But her mom saw everything. So she followed after Aditi and found her crying silently in the kitchen. She called and held her close, letting her sob onto her shoulder. Wearily, she said, ''I know he's gone. But you must remember how much he loved us both and the wonderful memories we all shared when he was here. We will always have those moments with us."

For the first time, Aditi's mother has comforted her. The hug that she has always waited for. Her mom's embrace is always her favourite, But his mother hasn't embraced her since her father died. She was missing these warm hugs. She was CRAVING for it.

Aditi cried for a little longer and then wiped away her tears. She hugged her mom tightly and the two of them stayed in the kitchen, talking and laughing about stories of her father. For once, Aditi saw the spark in her mother's eyes that she last had when her father was still alive.