Chapter 41

Still Hyunjin's POV:
After the apology:
The next day everything moved kind of fast.

We had a busy day in the warehouse, for some reason there were so many more people than usual. After that we had to go on a heist because the warehouse was running out of coats and socks for everyone.

The heist went a lot smoother than the previous ones, no police showed up, but we were on high alert the whole time just in case.

When we got back to the house, instead of hanging out or eating together like we've been doing, everyone went to their spaces and started turning in for the night.

I fell asleep quickly because I was so tired, but was woken up the next morning by loud talking from the rest of the house. But what else is new?

Figuring there wasn't really a point in trying to sleep more, I got up and started my little morning routine when I got a text.

Seungmin

Can you come to my room

I need to talk to you about something

I'm still in bed

No I'm not

I'll just go to you then

Whatever fine

Give me 10 minutes though

What does this guy want? He never texts me for anything other than work related things. I haven't even talked to him since I apologized, which was two days ago. Which to be honest, I'm kind of glad about because I got kind of embarrassed after the fact.

Even though Jisung helped me, I still struggled and said things other than what I planned. I guess whatever he's calling me over for will tell me if it was good enough or not.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After I finished my routine, I threw on a thicker hoodie because the rest of the house is colder than I keep my room. To get to the stairs, I have to walk across the opening of the kitchen, so I catch a whiff of whatever breakfast Minho seems to be making.

Seungmin's room is just a few steps away from the stairs landing, so I got there much faster than I wanted to. At his door I stop, this is the part when I should knock, right?

Before I can even lift my fist to knock, the door opens to Seungmin looking fully awake. It looks like he's been up for hours.

We stand for a beat, I really was just waiting for the next que.

"Well, come in." He says as if the answer was obvious.

I knew that.

I walk in and immediately sit on the edge of his bed, looking around the room to try not to look at him directly.

Seungmin closes the door and turns to face me, crossing his arms. "Was your plan to apologize then not talk to me ever again?"

That caught me off guard.

I look up at him. "What? No, I just.. didn't get a chance to, you know, cause we were so busy yesterday and everything." Smooth, real smooth.

Seungmin shakes his head. "Look, I called you here because I don't think it was very fair that you got to say something that night, but didn't let me reply."

"I didn't think you would." I sit up a little straighter.

"Well you didn't really give me a chance to. But I kind of understand where you were coming from, at first I thought Jisung had made you say that." I was hoping he wouldn't think that. "But then he reassured me that you wanted to come to me on your own."