Chapter 27

Hyunjin's POV:
What does this guy think he's doing?

Seungmin normally is a quiet, rational person. So I'm almost stunned when he decides that blocking me from the door is the best option.

He probably all bark and no bite, what is he gonna do if I try to go past, fight me?

I step forward, only for Seungmin to shift to the side to block me. I shake that one off and try again, but he does the same thing.

"What is your problem? What I'm doing has nothing to do with you, get out of my way." I say. The tone my voice takes on just happens, I don't have much control over it.

"Actually, it is my problem. You're trying to leave this team behind like a selfish child." He says while crossing his arms.

"Selfish? How am I being selfish?" I know why he thinks that but the question just slipped out.

"You're running away from this just because you don't like it. You're not even trying to accept this situation-"

"I have been trying! Don't accuse me of things you don't know about." I step closer to Seugmin, looking directly into his eyes because we're pretty much the same height.

"I've stuck around to let this whole thing have its chance, and I was actually warming up to it for a moment. But then last night happened and I opened my eyes to what could happen again."

I don't know if it was my words or our short distance, but as I speak, Seungmin just stands tense with his eyes wide. A few times I even saw his eyes shift down for half a second, but mostly they stayed locked on mine.

"I'm not running away out of dislike. I'm not even running away, I'm just trying to do what I think is best. And if no one else in this team can see what is best for us, then I'll just have to make the move on my own." I finish by adjusting the strap to my backpack and stepping forward again.

I expected him to do the same move he pulled the last two times, but this time he brings his hands up to push against my shoulders. I wasn't expecting that, and maybe he wasn't either because he didn't put enough strength into his stance to stop me.

We start to fall forwards towards the front door, so Seungmin grabs my shirt in his fists and I shoot and arm out to catch on the door. When we stop falling, we pause for a second to catch our breath after small adrenaline rush.

When I calm down, I finally look down to see Seungmin staring at me with a (honestly) weird expression. He isn't looking at my eyes anymore, instead he's looking lower.

Only when he starts getting closer, do I realize what's happening. But something in me tells me not to move away.

A/N:
Idk how I feel the end, maybe I'm not satisfied with it? Idk. But we're here now.

School starts for me today, so we'll see how much I'll be struggling ror life with school, work, and my own ambitions👍

Love you guys!❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️