Chapter 36

Seungmin's POV:

When I wake up in the morning, I'm surprised not to find Jeongin laying next to me. Usually he would have snuck in here to get the last hour of sleep with me, especially on a day we have off from heists and work.

Brushing it off, I go to the bathroom to freshen up before I go downstairs to meet anyone who could be down there already. Looking at the time, I slept in for a bit so probably about half of the house should be awake by now.

Going downstairs, I hear chatter from the kitchen. And upon further investigation, Chan, Jisung, Changbin, and Jeongin are already awake. When I enter the space, they all turn to acknowledge me and go back to whatever they were discussing, which seems to be something other than work, nice.

When I sit down at the table next to Jisung, he turns to me, talking about something before relating it back to Minho in some way. He can't help himself but to do that lately, seems like all this dude thinks about is Minho.

About 5 minutes into the one-sided conversation, Felix walks into the kitchen, rubbing the rest of his sleep from his eyes as he fixes himself in the open seat beside Changbin. Well... on the seat is relative, since he has one leg on Changbin's lap and his arms wrapped around one of Changbin's biceps.

Changbin smiles down at his sleepy boyfriend. "Good morning, darling." He says as he reaches over to move Felix's head up to kiss the top of his head.

Felix groans as he settles back to the position he was in. "Where did you go this morning? You know I don't like to wake up by myself in bed." He complains with his eyes still closed.

Chan chuckles a little in response. "Sorry, Lix. Me and Changbin went on a run before the sun was up. He probably would have went back to you if I didn't start to do my workout afterwards."

Felix looks from Chan to Changbin, looking a little annoyed.

"I swear, if you weren't my boyfriend, you'd probably be dating a bench-press or something" That's probably true.

We all softly laugh as footsteps come from the hallway outside the kitchen. I look up with everyone else to see Hyunjin looking down at his phone, walking slow into the kitchen.

Glad to know he cares about his team enough not to say good morning or anything.

Just as he reaches the table, Hyunjin looks up to find a seat then sees who's all sitting together.

"Good morning." The quietest greeting you've ever heard.

But a greeting nonetheless.

I keep my face passive while everyone else besides Jisung (for some reason) show their surprise at Hyunjin. I'm also surprised, since this guy hasn't even been coming out much for meals with everyone, now he's out here and voluntarily talking.

In character though, Hyunjin goes back to looking at his phone when he sits down. I guess there are no more surprises.

We go back to talking, which, to his credit, Hyunjin does look up to listen to the conversation quite a bit. Not only that, he smiles a little when Changbin tells us a story from a few years ago.

Eventually though, Hyunjin looks up across the table to me. At that, I look the other way to the rest of our members, hoping he won't say something like last time he caught me staring.

I guess it wasn't too big a deal as Hyunjin goes back to doing what he was doing without acknowledging me. Deciding not to dwell on his new actions more, I stop the staring and turn back to the rest of our team.

A/N:
I'm a but late, but it's expected at this point

I don't have anything to say this time.

Love you guys! ❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤