𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

Running after others for a long time, Sunoo finally heaved a sigh and sat on the swing. He breathed heavily, getting tired. He waved at the others from a distance and they went farther ahead, disappearing somewhere in the park.

"It's so good to see you happy, Sun." Sunghoon's voice rang through Sunoo's ears as the said boy sat on the swing beside Sunoo's. Sunoo could only nod and grip the strings stronger in reply.

"The day we met... You looked like you'd never smile again. So broken and fragile. And look at you now! You shine like the sun. My sun." Sunghoon added with a smile. When Sunoo didn't reply, Sunghoon added, "I'm sorry for bringing this up. I shouldn't have, you were enjoying yourself."

"No, it's just... I can't believe I survived through it all and the ordeal ended. And I'm more than thankful I crossed paths with you that day. Only God knows, I may have been still suffering." Sunoo quietly said. Sunghoon wanted to kiss him, but he thought better of it. Sunoo needed his space right now.

There was a silence. Not too uncomfortable, though.

Then Sunoo spoke up.
"Why did you.." He licked his lips nervously. "Why did you help me through all this.. why did you burden yourself? You took your time teaching a stubborn broken person the meaning of love from the start."

Sunghoon smiled tenderly at him. "Sun, i knew you had suffered so much and I wanted to help you. You did not seem to want to live and lost all hope; and I wanted to make you believe that life was not what you were seeing it to be. Life did not end. Life is neither darkness nor bright light; it keeps shifting between the two and you have to find your way around it. I just helped you realize that, nothing else. And somewhere along the way, I fell in love with you."

Sunoo did not say anything. Words felt like they were stuck in his throat. He was so, so grateful. "I'm sorry, Hoon. I'm sorry. It must have been difficult; mending a heart that wasn't yours. Treating wounds that weren't yours, bearing scars that weren't yours. And carrying them. Hurting as if it was your heart that was bleeding and not mine."

"Why do you think you were a burden? Your wounds are my wounds. Your heart is mine. Your scars are mine and I will always be there to kiss them until they stop hurting. Why do you think you cause people pain by just being in pain? I love you; all of you, all of your wounds." Sunghoon said and Sunoo felt his cheeks get wet with tears.

"Let's go home, shall we?" Sunghoon hadn't meant to make Sunoo cry. He tried to lighten the mood. Holding Sunoo's hand, he kissed him once, twice, thrice to seal all his promises.
---------
(This was the last solo chapter of SunSun. Hopefully. I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I did while writing these. Thank you for reading!)
-------------
The view of the city was just as magnificent as it was the last time he had come here with Jisung. Minho took a deep breath to steady himself and adjusted his scarf. Though he had no motivation to do anything, he knew he had to keep going.

His parents had already returned and were staying in his apartment. He was sick of pretending everything was fine, sick of his parents pretending like they had gone to some random trip for three years. He held the railing tightly, remembering every single moment that he spent here on that night with Jisung. The night he realized he loved Jisung.

He stared at the city lights Jisung had loved so much, and when he couldn't bear it anymore he walked ahead, wishing, no, hoping his breathing would cease by itself. Because he didn't even have the energy or motivation to stop breathing anymore. Walking farther, he saw the city lights walking with him, keeping him company, taking him home.

Dear city lights, please take me home. Take me to him, where I belong. Please. Just this once. Just this once.

Walking farther, he stopped at a familiar voice. He was sure he was dreaming— the city lights couldn't seriously grant his wishes! Or could they?

Two figures were standing, their conversation audible from the distance.

"Tell me, Felix? What's right, what's wrong? Which of his words do I believe? The ones telling me he loves me, or the ones telling me he doesn't?"

"Jisung, Hyunjin had complete trust in Minho's love for you. He swears it's a scheme of sorts— though it doesn't look like it," Felix nervously added. "I guess we'll trust time. It'll tell us everything." A pause. An uncomfortable silence.

"Jisung, do you think you and me are best friends and twins in every other universe too?" Felix asked. It seemed to Minho an attempt to divert Jisung's attention. It worked, too, for Jisung replied, "I don't doubt it, Lix. I don't know how i would have survived this year without you guys. I love you all." Jisung had replied.

What would have Minho not given just to be in place of Felix, having this conversation with Jisung? He closed his eyes. Everything reminded him of Jisung. He needed to run back home. He needed to.

So he ran.

He ran exactly where he didn't want to run to, where he never wanted to run to. So he ran as fast as possible, before his feet betrayed him, before his heart shattered again. He ran away from where Jisung was, away from everything he'd ever loved.

(Listening to Loser = Lover and feeling my inner emo kick in)

Past his parents and their pretenses, past the stupid dinner filled with fake love and excuses, Minho finally let go of the last piece of his facade and cried. He cried alone, because no one would ever understand. It's so much easier to point and scream at someone while their lover packs their stuff to leave them forever and blame them than actually try to comfort them. Be with them. Understand them. Especially when you're supposed to be a best friend. Anyhow, no amount of tears ever reverses time or changes anything, really. Not everyone's tears matter.

Especially not the bad guy's.

It was 3 am when Minho decided to go outside to walk in the balcony and try to distract himself. To try not to miss Jisung's presence, his lips, his hugs, his voice, his laugh. His love.

It was fruitless effort. Minho didn't think he'd ever be able to love anyone as much as he loved Jisung. So walking in anger for his own self, he felt like doing something reckless. What must he do? Of course, he will not let Jisung live with that murderer. Breaking up with him would be useless if he went and got himself killed by his father.

That's right, Minho was going to the police station the next day. Bye bye, Mr. Han.

As for his own parents, there was a really interesting file on the table. Looks like they were in the kitchen, laughing over the lives they've ruined.

Minho looked around, ensured there was no one, and picked up the file.

A few seconds later, he dropped the documents in shock.
------------
Enhypen has the best intro songs in the whole kpop industry argue with the wall