𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

The night air felt chilly as they sped along the road. None of them were saying anything. Felix looked out the window, observing the moon. Changbin was driving.

"You know, yesterday I saw Hyunjin after a week. He didn't come out of his room much, his mom told me." Changbin started a conversation.

"I wonder what his problem is now," Felix remarked.

"I think he might or might not have been reflecting." Changbin replied.
"Reflecting on what?"
"What he did to you."

"Oh God," Felix began exasperatedly. "It wasn't even that big of an issue! Why is everyone making a deal out of it? He is straight so he said now, what's the problem?"

"He isn't straight, Felix." Changbin replied.
"What?" Felix asked.

"Not anymore. He had told me that some time ago."
"So he lied because he didn't want me?"

Changbin was hesitant to reply. He didn't want anything to tamper with Hyunjin's reputation.

"Changbin?"
"Yes."

"Still his choice though." Felix sat back in his seat. "Yeah," Changbin replied.

"I wanted to ask you something." Felix said as they reached the restaurant. Changbin said, "Let's go inside first, it's cold outside."

Once they were seated, they began talking.
"Mingi told me that a girl mentioned you to her friends during class." Felix began. Changbin stiffened. Felix continued. "She is a new girl to our school. How come she was mentioning you?"

Changbin took a deep breath. He knew this time would come. He had to tell Felix the truth.

"You won't hide anything from me, right?" Felix asked.
"No. Yongbok, its the same girl who.."

Felix understood. Changbin's ex who moved away, whose parents opposed her relationship with Changbin. Changbin had said how she was the only one that he had loved like this. It had all hurt.

And when Felix thought about it, his and Changbin's relationship was less like a relationship and more like a friendship.

"You never told me her name." Felix said.
"Right. I thought I could forget her if I didn't remember. Her name is Gyuha."

Felix nodded. But an odd thing happened. Felix did not feel even a single bad emotion. He even hoped that Changbin and Gyuha still loved each other. That was weird. Why did he feel this way?

"Hyunjin said a few things to me." Changbin said. Felix stared at him and then Changbin continued.

"He only hid in his room because he was resentful to himself. He kept thinking about you but it was already too late. You were too far away. So he tried to push you out his mind. It was wrong to crush on your best friend's boyfriend but strangely, I didn't mind."

Felix nodded. He thanked God that he wasn't the only one who felt like this. He loved Changbin dearly, but he didn't know if this love was romantic or platonic.

"I love Hyunjin dearly, Felix. I even tried to ask him out but he rejected me too." Changbin laughed and Felix laughed too.

"He's an egoistic piece of shit," Felix said.
"Hey, he isn't egoistic, he's just an only child and well-cared for. Much like a prince. But he'll learn." Changbin tried to defend him which was even funnier. Where was this night going?

Their orders arrived and they ate in silence. Felix felt some weird sensation in his stomach, knowing Hyunjin liked him now. But he was aware of his self worth. He wasn't an object to be used upon wish.

"Do you still love Gyuha?" Felix asked. Changbin went quiet.
"Bin?"
"Yongbok, I'm always honest with you so I'll be honest again. I think I do love her. But do you love Hyunjin?"

Felix had to be brutally honest too. "I never stopped loving him but I am a human and not something to be used according to someone's wishes. I shouldn't be waiting for Hyunjin to come to his senses nor I am."

"But Bokkie..." Changbin began.
"Bin, please. It's not supposed to be like this. Enough about me. You should ask Gyuha about everything. If she says yes, take her. You shouldn't break someone like this."

"But Felix, what about you?" Changbin said.
"I'll be alright. We both know we never really loved each other deep inside our heart. There always was someone hidden inside. We both know. Thank you Changbin, now I don't feel guilty anymore because we both feel the same way. I feel relieved."

"I love you so much, Yongbok, but I don't understand how I love you." Changbin said.

"Me too. You're an amazing person, I never want to lose you. Thank you for being there, always." Felix laughed.

"No, thank you for brightening my life up."
"So what should we do?" Felix asked.

"Be my bestie, not my boyfie. We both know dating's gonna flop." Changbin giggled and Felix giggled too.

They both felt oddly free. The chilly night air was comforting. They hugged and kissed each other one last time under the stars.

"To a new journey, a new life." Felix looked up at the stars. Changbin followed suit.

Both Felix and Changbin had never felt this free when together. The roads were dark and empty, but they sang songs at the top of their lungs and opened the windows to completely ruin their hairstyles.
-
I would like to apologize to my changlixers but this book's official ships are minsung and hyunlix, so what did you guys even expect? Alright I tried to do my best, please don't call anyone in this chapter bad, they're all good characters. Gyuha and Yeoreum are the characters I made up myself. Give them love!
Until next time, then!!
Blue! <3