𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖆𝖞

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah said. It was the next day and Elena, Stefan, Elijah, and I were discussing what the plan was going to be. Damon was being stubborn and hadn't come around. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the Sun and Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan said, wanting verification from Elijah. 

"Klaus is a vampire born of werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it. . .he'll be a true hybrid," Elijah explained. 

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon announced his presence, walking into the living room. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie." 

"Damon-" Stefan was going to start but I cut him off. 

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," I said. Bonnie wasn't going to die. She was one of my best friends and I couldn't lose her. 

"I'll write her a great eulogy," he shot back. 

"It's not an option, Damon." I left no room for arguments; my voice was stern. 

"Alright," Stefan interrupted. "How do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak you already know," Elijah started. 

"The moonstone," Stefan listed. 

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each," Elijah continued. 

"And where will we fit in?" Elena asked. 

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgangers. . .to the point of your death. However, there's a minor. . . inconvenience with the ritual. Only one doppelganger can live, and it must be in the form of a vampire. It is entirely up to Klaus to choose. The last doppelganger killed in the sacrifice is the one that lives," Elijah added on. I looked over at Elena. I already knew what she was thinking. She would be the one to die while I lived. But I wanted it to be the other way around. I couldn't let her give up her life. She had so much she wanted to do. 

"But that's where you come in," I say, hopeful that whatever Elijah has for us will help us both survive. Elijah opened up a little box that had an antique-looking bottle in it which contained a clear liquid. 

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina, but there is enough for two. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation," he explained as he picked up the rather big bottle. 

Elena furrowed her brows. "So, we'll be dead. . ."

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon scoffed. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelganger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are. . . the ring won't work," Elijah said. 

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work?" Damon asked Elena and I. 

I spoke up before Elena could. "I'll convince Klaus to take me first, and if it doesn't work. . . then, I'll be dead." I shrugged. Elena's head turned to look at me. We both wanted each other to be the doppelganger that lived. Damon shook his head as he glared at me, and with one final look he walked away. Elena and I sighed in unison at Damon's stubbornness. 

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asked. 

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf my guess is by tonight, he will," Elijah said as Elena and I glanced over at each other in nervousness.