162 𝕮𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" Sheriff Forbes questioned. I was sitting in her office and we were being questioned about the disappearance of Vicki. Well, more like her "leaving" town. 

"She didn't mention anything," I lied. I was a good liar so I am sure she would believe me. 

"Did she tell her brother where she was going?" She asked. 

"Not that I know of, but Jeremy came to me and told me that Vicki was leaving," I answered. 

"Well, is there anyone that I can talk to that may know what happened with her prior to leaving town?" The sheriff questioned. 

"Stefan Salvatore may know. Matt called me and told me that Stefan came by their house, but Vicki didn't want to see him," I told her. Now, that part was true. 

"What was he doing there?" She asked. She really thought she was getting somewhere. 

"He was trying to help her. I told Stefan I was worried about Jeremy. He was dating Vicki, and she had a drug problem, so he tried to help," I lied. I honestly couldn't care less who Jeremy dates. He's gotta learn the hard way. 

"So, Stefan got involved because you asked him to?" she asked, needing clarification. 

I nodded, "Yes, I asked Stefan to help. I thought that by helping Vicki, he was helping my brother."

"What was her behavior like those last few days before she left?" She asked. 

"Up and down. Very sketchy, like she was coming down from some major party," I explained. 

"Any signs of aggression or violence?" She pressed. 

"Not that I remember," I lied. Of course, she pinned my sister to the wall.

"So, you believe Vicky really has left town?" She asked. 

"Yes," I said as I nodded. 

****

I was walking out the police station and I saw Elena walk away from Stefan who had a sad look on his face. "Hey Stef," I said, trying out the nickname. 

"Hey," he said. 

"Just for future notice I am going to be using that nickname now. Also don't worry about my sister, she's being dramatic and she'll come around, I promise. You can tell she's head over heels for you, so don't lose hope yet Mr. I Eat Bambi," I told him as he chuckled. 

"Thanks Rose. I'll see you later," he said as I nodded and walked to the car where my family was waiting for me. 

****

I was sitting next to Elena eating a pint of ice cream when Aunt Jenna came to sit next to us. "Your wallowing," She states as Elena looks over to her. 

"So are you," Elena says as she goes back to fiddling with the blanket that's covering us. 

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped," Aunt Jenna says as I sigh. 

"Yeah. Well, Logan's a jerk," I state bluntly as Elena nods. 

"You didn't get a brushoff e-mail saying, "I'm leaving town. See ya," Jenna tells Elena. I mean, she's not wrong. Elena is just being difficult and dramatic. Just date the guy already. Yeah, I get Stefan is a vampire, but he is a good one. He doesn't kill or anything. I mean, I'm sure he has, but that's the past Stefan is trying to forget. I would consider that good in my book that he is changing for the better. Unlike Damon who can be off his rocker at times. Which brings me to my next problem, I cannot stop thinking about him. I mean I try to distract myself, but it's not working. Is this what it's like when you have feelings for someone? Well either way I hope they fade fast because the longer I have these feelings, the harder I am going to fall when he tells me that he is still in love with Katherine, wherever she is. I just know that I can't let him or hint to how I feel about him. I just can't, that would be embarrassing and awkward and just ruin everything.