𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘

"Wake up!" Elena ripped the covers off of me. I groaned, wincing from the sudden chill and brightness in my room. 

"Can I help you?" My voice laced with sleep as I rubbed my eyes. 

"I want a meeting with you and Stefan, so you can explain yourselves," she said, arms crossed. 

"Explain what?" I pushed myself to sit up. 

"You know what. You've been keeping secrets from me." My face dropped. She couldn't possibly know, unless Stefan told her. Which he said he would warn me beforehand because he knew she'd be upset. 

I shook my head, shrugging, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Do not act innocent. I know what Stefan is and I want answers. Now," Elena demanded. 

I sighed, "Well, get out then. I need to change." She nodded before turning back around and leaving my room. This was not how I wanted to start my day. 

* * * *

"You said you would explain everything. That's why I asked you to meet us here," Elena said to Stefan. We were sitting outside at the Grill while Elena questioned Stefan to her content. Apparently, he gave her the go ahead to do so. "When you google "vampire" you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?"

"I can tell you whatever you wanna know," Stefan said. 

"I know you eat garlic," Elena stated. 

"Yes," Stefan nodded. 

"And somehow sunlight's not an issue," Elena said. Stefan waited to respond as our waitress brought us our coffees. We muttered our 'thank you's' to the waitress before she walked off. 

"Rings that protect them," I answered, nodding towards Stefan who showed his "family heirloom". 

"Crucifixes?" 

"Decorative," Stefan responded.

"Holy water?"

"Drinkable," said Stefan.

"Mirrors?"

"Myth."

"You said you don't kill to survive," Elena recalled.

"Animal blood keeps me alive, but not as strong as Damon. He can be very powerful," Stefan answered. 

"And yet you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena said in disbelief.

"Forcing Damon not to do something would've prompted him to do it more. It's like a game for him," I shrugged. 

"She's right. It's even more dangerous, believe me," Stefan agreed.

"He was hurting her," Elena bit back in anger.

"He was feeding on her," Stefan clarified.

I scoffed, "Like that makes it any better." 

Stefan shot me a look before continuing, "He was able to take away her memories of being bitten using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her. If he wanted to kill her, he would have."