𝕭𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉

"I mean, Katherine looked just like you. It was freakish," Bonnie said to Elena, who was writing stuff down on a clip board. Since Caroline was in the hospital still we decided to take charge and organize this carnival for Caroline. Who knows how she does all this. 

"She is my ancestor," Elena sighed. "Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria." 

"Your vampire ancestor, and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you," Bonnie said as we moved the bag of stuffed animals next to a booth so we could open and set them up. 

Elena shrugged, "I don't-I don't know. I can't explain it. Ok? It's creepy. It's all I got." 

"Well, how do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie argued. Jeez, Bonnie, just let it go already. 

"I don't, but I could sit here, and be tortured by the not knowing, or I could get these prizes to the ring toss," Elena answered, walking away, with Bonnie and I trailing behind her. 

"Well, have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy or-or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asked us, but I feel like her question was more directed toward me. 

"No, Bonnie, I haven't, and I won't, and I don't wanna talk about Damon," I answered. 

"Or anything else that's vampire-related, ok?" Elena continued on, handing Bonnie a bag of stuffed snakes. 

"Copy that," Bonnie said with a smile. 

"I'm human, and I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm gonna go crazy," Elena said. And, what, Bonnie and I aren't human? I mean we both may not be a boring human, but you're not just a human. You're a doppelganger, Bonnie's a witch, and I'm a siphon. 

"I'm sorry. Now focus. We have to make Caroline proud, or she will kill us," Bonnie said as I nodded at her in agreement. 

"I don't know how she does this all the time," I voiced my thoughts. 

"Well, because she's not human, obviously," Elena joked as I rolled my eyes at the poor humor. 

"Obviously," Bonnie jokingly agreed as we walked off to put the rest of the prize animals at their booths.

* * * *

"Courtesy of slave drivers Elena and Rose. Hello, ladies," Stefan said as Elena and I walked up to him and Jeremy. 

"Hey. Um, do you-" Elena started, but was cut of by Jeremy. 

"Yeah, yeah, I set up the goldfish toss, all 300 goldfish. It's gonna be epic." Jeremy slammed his locker then walked away. We sighed at his retreating figure, Elena leaning on the lockers. 

"He's gonna be alright," I tried to bring Elena ease. 

"He's just been through a little bit of an ordeal," Stefan added on to my statement. 

Elena sighed once more, "I was just hoping that this carnival would reel him back into the land of high school teenager." 

"Oh, is that what we're doing here?" Stefan questioned. 

"Yes. We all are," Elena said, giving my a pointed look. I didn't necessarily agree with her 'let's be human' speech. "We're gonna be boring high school students who live in a world where the 'v' word is not uttered." 

"Got it," Stefan said. 

"And then later you're gonna take me to the Ferris Wheel, we're gonna ride to the very top. Then you're gonna kiss me, and my heart will flutter like a normal high school girl. Do you see the running theme here?" Elena voiced her plan, making me mentally gag.