𝕸𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝕷𝖆𝖓𝖊

I was sitting at the Mystic Grill bored out of my mind. Elena bribed me with food so I could tag along while she studied, also claiming that I needed to study too. She even gave me flashcards so I could study and actually get higher than a 70. I was munching on a fry when I saw Damon sit down, Elena flinching in fright. "What do you want?" I mumbled, knowing he could hear me. I didn't look at him as I kept eating my fries.

"So this is where you spend your time when you not stabbing people in the back," Damon said to Elena, looking at her. I furrowed my brows at his answer to my question which was to Elena. What did she do?

"I tricked you into telling me the truth. That's not stabbing you in the back. That's using your own tactics against you," Elena justified, packing up her stuff. I'm not even finished with my fries. 

"Where you going?" Damon asked, a smirk on his face. 

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you," Elena then gathered the rest of her stuff, walking off. 

"Wait, 'Lena," I stood up from my chair and stuff the remaining fries in my mouth and some gathered in my hand. 

"See you at Jenna's barbecue," Damon said before I could catch up with Elena. 

My brows furrowed, "How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?"

"It was my idea," Damon shrugged. "Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood. So I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell 
Jenna-"

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there? Because she's not exactly a fan of yours," I said as a waitress brought out a box to Damon. 

"Perfect. Thank you," He smiled at the waitress. "I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way." He gestured to the cobbler in his hands as he stood up from his chair, now standing next to me. 

"What are you up to?" I questioned him. 

"I'm gonna go put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he's a werewolf. See you at the barbecue," He said, then walked off. I already know his plan is going to backfire. 

* * * *

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline," I thanked Jenna as I poured some chips in a bowl. "She could use a day of distraction." 

"She's not the plus one I'm worried about," She said, walking over to stand next to me. "Why is Damon coming?" 

"Because Alaric is a pity-taker. Come on, Jenna. Be nice," I said, sighing. 

"I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off you," Jenna said. I slowly nodded at her response. 

"Ahh, good news. Found the shot glasses," Mason announced, walking into the kitchen, standing next to me. 

"And that would be my exit," I said, walking outside, seeing Elena on the porch. "Hey, anything from Stef?" She had been concerned about him all day, trying to decide whether to panic or not. Which I guess is reasonable since they check up on each other at least once a day if they're not attached to the hip. She shook her head in response. I sat down next to her as I spoke, "Try one more time. Maybe I'm good luck." 

She rolled her eyes, dialing Stefan's number, putting the phone up to her ear. It rang for a minute, going to voice mail. "Hey. I'm just checking in. Did you get my message about Jenna's barbecue?" We both looked to Caroline, hearing her steps. She smiled a little, sitting down. "Call me when you can," Elena ended the voice mail.