𝕶𝖑𝖆𝖚𝖘

"Rose. Rose, wake up," I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I groaned, pushing Elena's face away. "C'mon, Rose. I need your help with something." I slowly opened my eyes, wincing at the sunlight shining through the window. 

"What is so urgent that you had to wake me up at the crack of dawn?" I asked her, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Her eyes drifted over to Damon sleeping next to me. I doubt he was asleep though. 

"I can't say," she mouthed, pointing to the vampire. 

I rolled my eyes. "Let me change," I mouthed back as she nodded, leaving the room. I quickly changed into a blue t-shirt with mom jeans, and paired it with my converse. I walked downstairs where Elena was waiting for me. She pulled me in the direction of the front door where Elijah was waiting outside. His skin was pale and his suit was ruined. My eyes widened, "Elena-" I started, but she quickly put her fingers to her lips, signaling me to be quiet. "Well. . . shit."

* * * *

Elena pulled the car over in a secluded spot. "You look better," she commented on Eljah's face that had returned to its normal color. He had been sipping on his blood bag the entire ride over here. Also turns out Elena gave Elijah the dagger as a sign of peace. 

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked us.

"We'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word," Elena said. I was willing to work with Elijah; he knew everything about Klaus. But at the same I was scared he was going to cross us. 

"Your ability to make demands has long passed," he said. 

I nodded, agreeing. We did stab him in the back, literally. "No demands. We'll help you; you help us." 

"And why should I even consider this?" He asked. 

"The same reason you haven't killed us," I shrugged. "You need our help to kill Klaus."

"And we need you," Elena added before her phone buzzed. I looked over her shoulder at the caller, Stefan. She sighed, answering. "Yes, I'm fine. . he's right here. . .No, Elijah, Rose, and I need some time alone. . .Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself. . .It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it. And make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch." Elena quickly ends the call, not giving Stefan a chance to respond. Elijah sticks his hand out, waiting for Elena to hand over her cell. She reluctantly hands it over before Elijah turns his head to look at me. 

"Yours too, Rosalie," he says with a slight smile on his face. I roll my eyes, digging my phone out of my pocket and placing it in his hand. 

* * * *

"He's here," Elena breathed out. 

"Klaus is here?" Elijah said in disbelief. Elena and I nodded in sync. 

"He's taken over Alaric's body," I elaborate. 

"Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks," Elijah says. 

"Well, what are his other tricks? What is he gonna do next? You're the only one who knows him," Elena asks. Sometimes I wonder why Elijah knows him so well. He's never mentioned. 

"Yes, I do," Elijah mumbles as he stares off into space. 

* * * *