𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘

"Stefan," I whispered. Damon, Elena, and I decided to visit Stefan, but he seemed to be in his own little world.

"Stef," Damon whispered, also trying to get Stefan to focus. 

We realized it was no use getting him to pay attention to us, so Elena said some parting words, "Stefan, I love you." We walked out of the cell but Elena was still there looking at him, hoping to wake up. "It's so hard to see him locked up like this," Elena said, shaking her head. 

"You're the one who locked him up," Damon said. 

"You helped," I said, looking at him. 

"I couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?" Damon retorted with his signature smirk. 

"It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him," Elena scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. 

"Your thing, not mine," Damon said, then walked away. 

****

I walked into the living room and started packing some clothes to take home when I saw Damon fidgeting with the thing Pearl gave him. "Did you ever figure out what that is?" I asked, folding a pair of jeans. 

"Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work," Damon said, still observing the object.

I sighed, "Pearl didn't say anything else about it?"

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but it was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist," he said. I laughed a little as I folded another pair of jeans and then shoved them in my bag. "Have you talked to your uncle lately?" 

"I've been avoiding him, actually. That, and I've been here most nights," I replied, shoving some shirts into my bag. 

"So, you'll be here again tonight?" He asked. I couldn't help but hope that maybe he wanted me here, but my hope is probably false. 

"Is that a problem?" I masked the happiness flowing through me. 

He turned to look at me, "Yes. You're a complete nuisance." 

I fake laughed, "See you later."

****

I had walked into the house and decided to call Damon, see how Stefan was doing and grab clothes. The phone rang until he answered, "What?"

"I'm just grabbing some clothes, and then I'll be right over. How's Stefan?" I spoke into the phone, dumping some dirty clothes into my hamper.

"Extra broody. Hold on." The line was silent for a bit when I heard him continue, "He won't eat anything."

"He has to eat. What's his favorite. . .kind of, um. . ." I felt awkward asking what his favorite type is.

"His favorite kind of what?" Damon asks, playing dumb. 

"Type of animal blood that he prefers?" I asked, folding some tanks and shirts and putting them in my bag. 

"Ew. Gross," He joked. 

"Haha. Your joking doesn't help." 

"Helps me. Now, hurry up. I can't babysit all night. I have things to do."

"I would say, 'drop dead,' but. . ." I picked up some jeans and folded them and put them in my bag. 

"Haha. Stefan likes. . .puppy blood; little golden retriever puppies with cute, fluffy ears. That's his favorite." I could tell he was smirking. I rolled my eyes with a scoff and hung up the phone. I turned around and Uncle John was just standing at my doorway.