𝕳𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉

Rose's Costume ^

Rose's Costume ^

****

I woke up and walked to the bathroom to get ready. When I open the door, I see Jeremy brushing his teeth. "Sorry," I tell him as I'm about to walk out and close the door. 

"Oh, no. It's cool. I'm done," he tells me. 

"You're up early. Where are you going?" I ask him as I grab my toothbrush from the cup it's in.  

"Police station. They're organizing the search party for Vicki, so. . ." He trails off. He then leaves the bathroom when I realize today is a school day and I fully intended on skipping. I don't really want him looking for Vicki. I can't lie to him. I know where she is and what's happening to her and it kills me that I have to keep it from him. 

"Wait. Shouldn't you be going to school?" I ask him, trying to keep him from searching for Vicki. 

"Very funny. I'll see you later," he tells me as he leaves me to get ready. 

****

I knocked on the door to the Salvatore boarding house for like the millionth time. I know Damon can hear me and he probably knows it's me and that's why he chose to ignore me. It's infuriating me. I bang on the door this time and it finally opens. Damon looks at me with a smirk as he leans on the door. "Is my sister here?" I asked him.

"Yep," he says.

"Where is she?" I asked him. He is being so vague. Can't he just let me in already?

"And good morning to you, little miss 'I'm on a mission' " He jokes with that stupid smirk. I just want to slap it off of him. 

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything you've done?" I asked him. I'm usually not one to judge people's life choices, but when I was standing out here for a good ten minutes knocking, why not push a few buttons if I can?

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?"  He tells me as if calling me stupid was supposed to offend me. 

"If you wanted me dead, I'd be dead," I retort. 

"Yes, you would," He agrees with a nod of his head. 

"But I'm not," I fired back. 

"Yet," He retorts. Can you let me in already?

"Where is Elena?" I asked him again.

"She upstairs with Stefan singing "The Rain in Spain." Knock yourself out," he tells me. He moves forward to leave and our chests practically touch as I catch his scent. God, he smells good. What? No, he doesn't.