𝕳𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝕽𝖊𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" I asked Caroline. Elena, Caroline, and I were walking to school together and apparently Caroline and Bonnie had a fight about that ugly crystal Bonnie had been wearing. Grams told me that it was their ancestors named Emily, so Bonnie had been wearing it. At first it was Damon that had it, who gave it to Caroline, who then gave it to Bonnie, and then Damon wanted it back, so then he asked Caroline to get it for him. Caroline had tried, but it shocked her when she tried to rip it off Bonnie's neck thus leading to the fight Bonnie and Caroline had. Caroline had given me all the details. 

"No. I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move," Caroline said. 

"Be the bigger person," Elena said, giving Caroline some friendly advice. 

"Impossible in her presence," Caroline. 

"Why are you so pissed at her, anyway?" Elena asked. Looks like someone is outta the loop for once. 

"She's a thief. That's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle," Caroline explained in her version of the story. 

"All right. Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it," Elena said. 

"Same with me," I agreed with Elena. 

"Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?" Caroline asked Elena. 

"He's avoiding me," Elena said is a sad tone. 

"Why?" I asked Elena. 

"It's complicated," Elena said then the school bell rang. I had History for my first period and I had started going again since Mr. Tanner died. 

"I'll see you later," I told Caroline and walked off with Elena as Caroline waved goodbye. 

****

I was sitting in the second row of the classroom when Bonnie walked in. She looked like she was in a rush. "Good morning, everyone," I heard the male teacher say, "Alrighty. Let's see." 

He was writing something on the board while I looked over at Bonnie and mouthed, "Are you ok?" She shrugged in response. 

I looked back over to the board to see the teacher had written his name, "Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful. I know. Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now, the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce it "Ala-ric," but it's "A-lar-ic," ok? So, you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher." 

History wasn't all bad, I even ended up paying a little bit of attention. He did tell me to talk to him later, but he was nice overall. I think I am going to like this new History teacher.

****

"And then I ended up at the remains of old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods," Bonnie said. Elena, Bonnie, and I were at lunch, sitting outside. Apparently ever since Bonnie had started wearing the crystal it had given her nightmares. 

"And you always see your ancestor, Emily?" I asked Bonnie to which she nodded in response. 

"Huh," Elena said, trying to digest the information. 

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Bonnie asked us. 

"Two weeks ago, I'd say no, but now--" I said, shrugging.