𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝕯𝖆𝖞

Rose's Founder's Day Parade Gown

****

"Thank you so much for lending me this dress," I told Denise. I told her I could get ready by myself, but she insisted on helping. She tightened the corset, making me suck in, my breathing being cut off. She tied it up and then started putting the layers on to the dress. My face had some light makeup and my hair was slightly curled, my side parts being pinned at the back.

"It's no problem," she said with a smile. I guess she really likes doing this, she never really got to with her child. She wouldn't have anyways because she had a son.  She patted down the dress and then sighed, "There you go, you're all set."

"Thank you, again. I'll call you later, or text," I said as she nodded then sped out my window. I got my other clothes ready to change into afterwards and waited for Elena downstairs. This would probably take eons.

Damon

"Look at you, all retro," I say, walking up to Stefan who is dressed in his 1864 attire.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asks as he walks a little, then stops.

"Why wouldn't I be here. Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention. Isobel's gone. And it's Founder's Day. I'm here to eat cotton candy and make Rose swoon. And maybe steal your girl, " I joke with a smirk. I joke about the Elena part, not the Rose part. . . 

"Don't start with me, Damon," Stefan says, looking away. Surely looking for his girl, so she won't be stolen from him.

"Oh, you started it, Stefan. With that whole I'm-insecure-leave-Elena-alone speech. I'm just enjoying that. And you being a protective friend over Rose, I mean, god forbid she has others." Others mean me.

"As long as you heard it. But. . ."

I cut him off, "Huh?" I put my hand up to my ear, trying to listen, "What?" Stefan fake chuckled as I shrugged, "You have no sense of humor, Stefan."

"Actually, I just have no sense of Damon humor," He started walking away. The hell?

"Damon humor?" I walked along with him, "Hey, look. I get it. I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice. And you're scared that Katherine's out of the picture and Rose cares about me and then I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena and history is going to repeat. But don't worry. Elena is not Katherine and Rose is not Denise."

Stefan nodded, "You're right. They're not." I was listening to him at first but something caught my attention. Rose. How'd she get that dress? That means Denise was around. She looks beautiful though. She looks just like Denise, minus the eyes and hair. I look over to Elena for a brief moment and she definitely looks like Katherine, but my attention is not on her. It's on the girl beside her. Did I mention she looked beautiful and over the top gorgeous? If only I could take that dress right off. Stop. Jeez, Damon, what are you thinking? Stop.