Chapter 8: Almost ready

It had been a week since the incident with Lukas. She hadn't seen him anywhere except in class. She could feel him look at her when they were seated, but when she turned around, he was looking at the teacher.

She had stayed with Tristan until two nights ago she finally returned to her room. She missed sleeping next to him.

She was staying this weekend with him, and they had a date planned. Tristan had been sure Lukas stayed away from Rory.

He had taken bathroom breaks to look around outside her classes. Lukas was nowhere to be seen, so he actually listened.

Tristan's class ended, and he made his way to the coffee cart to get his girl some coffee. He paid and walked to her class. He was standing there, leaning up against the wall, when Rory stepped out.

She smiled at him and walked over to get her coffee. He leaned out to kiss her, then handed her the coffee.

"Thank you, Tristan. I needed my coffee, my life's elixir. You definitely know your way to a Gilmore Girl's heart. Coffee and food is how we survive."

"Of course I do. It took me a few years to get your heart, and now I am going to make damn sure I keep it."

"I missed you."

"I missed you, as well. My bed feels so empty without you beside me."

"I have tossed and turned since I left your bed, wishing I had your arms around me."

He looked down at her and smiled. He leaned down and kissed her as his finger grazed her cheek.

"Okay, enough of that crap. Do that in private, not for the entire school to gawk at."

They both rolled their eyes as they released and looked at Paris. "Jealousy isn't a good look for you, Paris," Tristan said.

"I'm not jealous. I am in a relationship. So, guess you finally got your Mary in your bed."

"Yes, I did finally get my Mary in bed, but we sleep. We haven't taken that step, and I am fine waiting until she is ready."

She laughed, "Yeah, I'm sure that hasn't happened yet. She has been spending a lot of nights in your room. No guy in their right mind is going to just sleep with a girl without getting what he wants."

"I got what I want, and that is her. We are in a committed relationship together. Just because we spend the night together and even sleep in the same bed doesn't always mean it has to be sexual, Paris. The truth is I am happy just being in a relationship with her. If and when she is ready, I will make sure she never regrets her first time."

Paris just stood there looking at Rory and Tristan. "That's good, and Rory, I'm happy he is being so respectful toward you. So, anyway, I need some help on my article if you can be apart from your boyfriend."

"Yes, Paris, I will meet you in the newsroom in five minutes." Paris walked off. Tristan pulled her in closer and held her. "I will see you after your next class. Thank you for saying what you said."

"Okay, sweetheart and I only spoke the truth. Two weeks and we leave for Spring break. Are you excited to be going to Florida with me?"

"Yes, I am, and who knows, I might be ready then." She raised up and kissed him.

"Um, not gonna happen on our trip to Florida. That hotel is not where I want our special night to happen. I only reserved it there because that's where everyone is staying. When you are ready, it will be a much nicer hotel. You, my dear sweet Mary, deserve the best, and that is what you are going to get."

"So, if I were to tell you I wanted to lose it tonight in your dorm, you would deny me?"

"Yes, and don't be using those beautiful eyes at me. Baby, you are so important to me, and when we take that step, it will be a night neither of us will ever forget. Which is why I said I need a little time when you are ready, and you know you are ready."