Chapter 7: Life is a mess

One month later:

So, Tristan and I have been official for a month now. He is still sweet and caring and hasn't tried to push me into anything.

I am getting closer to being ready. Some of our make-out sessions get heated, and he will stop and pull back.

He still keeps me fed and with plenty of coffee. He meets me outside of my classes when he can, which is three of my five classes. Two of our classes overlap, so instead, I meet him outside of his classes when they end.

We study together, and I spend a lot of time in the library. Paris wasn't happy when I told her we were official, but she hasn't given me any issues. She is still dating Asher, so hopefully, he will keep her away from Tristan.

Tristan loves the fact that he can kiss me anytime he wants. The other day, Paris and I were coming out of the newsroom, and Tristan was heading to his last class. He walked over, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

Paris scoffed, but Tristan just smiled and said hello Paris, while he was looking at me. He smiled and walked to his class.

There's this guy in my class who is always staring at me. He has asked for my phone number like three times. I have told him I have a boyfriend.

It's a little creepy. I noticed him standing outside the newsroom. I went the opposite way, and he started walking behind me.

His name is Lukas, and I feel like he's stalking me. He's always around where I am. I see him watching me while I'm in line at the coffee cart. The only time I don't see him is when Tristan is around, which means he knows both of our schedules.

I was tired from not sleeping well in my dorm. I went to the library to study because Tristan was still in class. He was going to meet me here when he finished. I haven't told Tristan about Lukas yet because I know he is going to freak out when I do, and I don't want him to get in trouble.

I am staying the next few nights in his room so I won't be so scared. I was reading, and I fell asleep. Until I felt someone nudging me to wake up, and Lukas was sitting beside me.

"Lukas, what are you doing here?"

"You fell asleep in the library."

"Yeah, I was reading. Haven't been sleeping much because someone is everywhere I am."

"Rory, you need someone to watch out for you. You walk all over this campus by yourself. I am just trying to make sure you stay safe."

"Well, it's a little creepy. I told you I have a boyfriend and I'm not interested. He makes sure I am safe. So, I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop following me."

Tristan had just walked in, and he heard Rory's voice. He walked straight to where she was. He could tell she was exhausted, and he had heard her telling someone to stop following her. He walked over and saw this guy sitting beside her. He was reaching for her hand, and she was pulling it away.

Tristan stepped up, wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her behind him, "Hey, babe. Is there an issue here? Have you been following my girlfriend around?"

"Tristan, don't get in trouble. I am so glad you are here."

"Answer me. Have you been following my girlfriend around?"

"Yes, I was just trying to keep her safe. She walks all over this campus late by herself."

"Mary, why didn't you tell me about this?"

"I didn't want you to get in trouble, Tristan."

"By the way, her name is Rory don't even know her name yet; she's your girlfriend."