Chapter 28

Okay guys. This is the last chapter. I will be posting the sequel soon. I just need a title for it and I can start. Hope you enjoy this final chapter! I'm really excited so here it is! 

P.S. I'm sorry for how short it is.

And thank you all so much for reading. It means the world to me :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28 Nicole

            I softly opened my eyes and looked around the room. There was a cuff around my ankle; I was chained to a steel chair that was screwed into the cemented floor. It was a dimly lit room, bare white walls, a blanket and pillow on the floor with a pale of water beside them. I lifted a hand to my sore cheek and felt a scab. I remembered the carpet that had slid against my skin it the van. I whimpered and crawled to the pale of cool water. I cupped my hands and stuck them inside bringing water out. I sipped it slowly at first, but when the first drop hit my tongue the rest poured in. I got two more before my dry mouth was finally at ease. I took in a deep breath and tried to pull off the stupid cuff.

            “Chase?” I asked in my mind. “Chase I need you…I’m scared.”

            “Nicole?!” his tone was outraged, it almost scared me, would’ve had I not known it was him.

            “He’s not in here right now…but…I need to talk to you while I can. Chase, if you don’t find me I want you to know—“

            “Nicole don’t you dare. It is not goodbye, I will find you. I will protect you and I will kill that son of a bitch for taking you away from me,” Chase growled through my mind.

            I let tears seep from my eyes. “I love you Chase,” I thought in a low reply.

            “Don’t give up on me, Nicole. Please, don’t give up. Can you shift?” he asked.

            “No…” Luna answered.

            “What do you see when you look around yourself?”

            “Just a white cement room. There’s a window but…I don’t think I can get to it,” I frowned.

            “Would you be willing to try?”

            I pushed myself up and sent Chase what I was seeing. I was sore all over but I ignored it and tried to make my way to the window. I felt the cuff start to pull against my ankle. I was so close but I couldn’t see without being right there and up on my tippy toes. I made a whimpering sound and tried to take another step…only to trip and fall flat. I slid myself back over to the chair.

            “It’s alright Nicole. I’ll be there when we find out who the hell took you. I—“

            “Chase he’s coming. I am going to send you his face…until he drugs me again,” I cut him off.

            Chase stayed silent as the loud footsteps approached and eventually opened the door. The man was tall, his hair was slightly red but mostly brown, and you could tell he was around thirty years old. He smiled at me; his teeth were a gross yellow. I could smell the stench of alcohol floating off of him. I slid back a bit.

            “Hello, princess,” he whispered, his bright green eyes sparking.

            I didn’t speak, which made him frown. He stepped forward and knelt down in front of me. His breath smelt of whiskey and smoke. I bit back a gag as he came closer. He cupped my cheek with his dirt and grime coated hand, he allowed his thumb to slide across the skin. I tried to pull back but I hit the wall. He didn’t even seem to notice that. He leaned in and pressed his chapped lips to my neck. I let out a small cry, only to have him tighten a hand around my bicep. A loud growl went off in my head and I remembered Chase could see and hear everything.

            “Please get off me,” I sobbed.

            “Let me have a little fun with you, princess,” he breathed against my skin.

            “Niall, get out of here. Liam will have a fit if he finds out that you messed with his girl,” a voice snapped from the door. It was the same one that I had heard when I was getting taken…the one that held me.

            The one that had his face pressed against my neck launched up. “Liam is an ass. He doesn’t deserve a beautiful little lass like this one.”

            “He’s out alpha and he—he’s back,” the other man said. “He is outside now. I am sure he will love to bash your face in.”

            “Darragh, did he hear?” Niall asked looking around.

            Suddenly a large, dark-haired guy—that looked about twenty—burst through the door. He narrowed his eyes at Niall and pushed him across the room with a small push of his hand. “Darragh, take him away. I want him finished when I come out of here. Do you understand?”

            Darragh nodded and sent me a hard glance before grabbing Niall and dragging him away. Liam knelt down to me and wiped the fresh dirt off my cheek. “I’m sorry about Niall. He doesn’t know when to keep his hands off someone else’s prize.”

            “Yeah well, neither do you,” Chase snapped, towards Liam, in my head.

            I shrank back a bit from Liam’s touch.

            “Relax, Nicole, I promise I will not hurt you,” he smiled. “I want to make sure you are not hurt.”

            “Why did you take me?” I asked timidly, my voice hoarse.

            “You will be my mate, Nicole. Tomorrow at sundown, I will make you mine,” he whispered, stroking my cheek lightly.

            My eyes widened a bit and Chase growled in my head. “Tomorrow?” I gasped. That would not be enough time for Chase to find me. There was no possible way he would find me.

            “Yes, is there a problem with that?” Liam asked.

            “I…I…” I trailed off, not wanting to anger him.

            “I know I am not your true mate, but trust me…you will forget all about him by tomorrow evening. I know your mind link must be growing faint with the distance. Don’t worry Nicole, all your pain and fears will cease after tomorrow night,” Liam replied.

            “Chase,” I cried. “I—“

            “Don’t doubt me Nicole! I’m working on finding you right now. Do you understand me? Right fucking now!”

              I could tell he was growing impatient and worrisome but I couldn’t hold it back. “Chase I love you, even if you don’t find me tomorrow. I…I’ll always love you, Chase. And if I can’t be with you I will be with no one.”

            “No…” he took in what I said and started to panic. “No, Nicole you will not. We will be together don’t you give up on me. Please, don’t give up on me.”

            I looked up to find Liam already gone. I put my head on my knees and cried. I cried, not only for me but…for Chase. I just hoped that he’d find someone else…if…if he doesn’t find me and this happens…I still want him to be happy. I’ll always want him to be happy…even if it means I’m not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sequel is Our Ending is Near and chapter 1 is posted on my page, check it out :)