Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Nicole

            “Get up!” Axle yelled ripping my arm up and roughly pulling me to my feet.

            “Sorry!” I gasped as he pushed me forward again.

            We were on our way to meet Chase, Magnus, and some girl who was supposedly Axle’s true mate. I really hoped that she was so he would let me go. I missed Chase. I wanted to go home.

            “Where the hell are they?” his voice asked. “Shouldn’t they be here by now?”

            “Yes,” Magnus’ voice said.   

            “Chase!” I yelled once I saw him. His eyes immediately darted to mine. “Chase,” I whispered once more, this time it was more to myself out of happiness.

            He roughly grabbed the woman’s arm that was behind him and pulled her forward. “Give me Nicole and I’ll give you Margret.”

            I didn’t miss the sigh of relief that Axle gave. I saw a slight spark of happiness in his eyes before he went back to being cold and expressionless. “Bring her to me first.”

            Chase shook his head. “How do I know you will give me Nicole if I do that?” Chase asked.

            Axle’s large arm wrapped around my neck swiftly, and it tightened. It felt like a snake tensing its body around its prey. I gasped as my airway started to close.

            “Alright, I’ll bring Margret to you,” Chase snapped. “Just let Nicole go first.”

            Axle’s arms let go of me, allowing me to fall to the cold grass at my feet. I gripped the grass and dirt below my hand as I gasped for a breath. A few coughs escaped my throat.

            Suddenly Chase spoke, he was closer. “Here she is, now can I take Nicole with me, please,” his voice was no longer hard and angry; instead it had turned to sad, hopeless, pleading.

            “I’m afraid I can’t allow that, you see I may have my mate but I cannot allow someone else to have a stronger mate than I,” Axle said, mock-sorrow filling his tone. “So I will take your mate, far, far away. I will lock her away, and allow her to die from dehydration and starvation. Lucky for her it will not take long, she has not eaten since you last saw her eat. Which judging from how many times her stomach growled just today must’ve been a while ago.”

            “Please, just let me go,” I pleaded looking up at him.

            “No, Axle, honey, don’t. I don’t want anyone you say is stronger than me to live. I’ll enjoy watching her die, especially after her mate choked me,” Margret protested.

            “What?” Axle asked anger flooding his body.

            “She pissed me off, you can’t really blame me, you took my mate and you were harming my mate. She just told you to kill my mate,” Chase said, his anger very obvious to even a toddler.

            “Chase,” I spoke holding out my arms, I probably looked like a toddler that wants their parent to pick them up, but I didn’t care, I have and will always need Chase’s arms wrapped around me.

            Chase gave a cautioned glance at Axle, who nodded, before leaning in to pick me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pressed my head into his neck, inhaling his scent. His muscular arms tightened around my waist as I continued to cling to him. I felt him begin to move backwards.