Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Nicole

            Chase pulled out his phone and put it in the cup holder between us. He’d dialed a number and put it on speaker so we could both listen.

            “Hello?” Hannah asked.

            “Hannah, just the best sister in the world that I was looking for,” Chase said loudly.

            “What do you want, Chase?” Hannah asked, obviously annoyed.

            “I need someone to drop you off at a motel so you can get Nicole’s car,” he said.

            “Where and why?”

            “I’ll text you the where—correction Nicole will text you the where. She decided she’d had enough of being told she was a werewolf so she took off. I found her and brought her home,” Chase explained briefly.

            “Fine, I’ll go get the damned thing. I’ll just need the keys when you get here,” Hannah sighed.

            “Thanks, you’re the best sis,” Chase said with a smile.

            “I know,” Hannah replied before ending the call.

            “Will you text her the name of that motel?” he asked me after a moment.

            “I guess,” I shrugged taking his phone out of the cup holder.

            A horn honked behind us making me turn around in my seat. There was a large black Sedan behind us almost touching the back of Chase’s car.

            “If they mess up my car I’ll kick their asses,” Chase said.

            “Get into the other lane,” I suggested.

            “I don’t think that’s going to work,” Chase said looking in the rear view mirror.

            “There’s our exit,” I said pointing at the sign.

            Chase slid the car to the side, heading on the exit’s path. The Sedan followed closely.

            “Damn,” Chase sighed.

            “What?” I asked my eyes widening.

            “We’re almost out of gas,” he said, his hands tightening on the steering wheel. “I have a bad feeling whoever this is will follow.”

            “I’m sure you can take care of whoever this is,” I said putting my hand on his arm.

            His tight choke hold on the wheel softened. “But if there’s more than one and…”

            “Chase, you’re you. We’ll be fine,” I said softly. “I believe in you.”

            He pulled into a parking lot of a gas station and pulled up to the first pump. “Come inside with me. Don’t leave my side, understand?”

            “Yes,” I nodded.

            “I’ll come around and get you,” he said before stepping out of the car and walking to my side. He pulled me out and entwined our fingers.