Chapter 21

So this chapter is 7 pages on MS Word, which is a bunch. ENJOY!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

Nicole

            “So are you ever going to tell us what happened?” Natalie asked leaning back against the back cushion of the sofa.

            “Well…” I started before diving into everything. I told them about everything, from the motel to when they arrived.

            “Whoa,” Natalie and Lisa said in unison when I was finished.

            “You tried to get in his pants?!” Natalie squealed.

            “Are you okay?” Lisa asked at the same time.

            “Yes, to both,” I rolled my eyes. “Natalie, I feel unloved because you didn’t ask about my safety.”

            “Oh I was asking about your safety,” Natalie assured me. “Sexual safety, that is.”

            “May I remind you, that is my son you are talking about,” Liza’s voice said from the doorway leading to the foyer.

            “You’re Chase’s mom?” Natalie said, not giving off a hint of embarrassment, unlike myself; I was blushing like an angry tomato.

            “Yes, I’m Liza,” the woman smiled walking around to sit in the chair beside me; across from Lisa and Nat. “Are you alright?” she whispered to me, patting my knee gently.

            I nodded. “Yes, are you?”

            “I wasn’t the one who gave her own freedom up for another’s life, my dear,” Liza said. “You’re the one who did that and got kidnapped by Axle. I thank you for that, Nicole. If you ever need anything I want you to come tell me and I will do everything in my power to make sure you get it. I owe you my life…and Hannah’s as well.”

            “That’s not necessary, Liza,” I shook my head. “But there is one thing I wouldn’t mind showing to my friends over here,” I added after a moment, a mischievous grin spreading across my lips.

            “You want to show them those pictures don’t you?” Liza asked raising an eyebrow.

            I nodded slowly. “Totally.”   

             “What picture?” Nat asked looking between us.

            “Jonathan!” Liza called.

            There was a thump then footsteps. “Yes, Aunt Liza?” Jonathan asked leaning against the doorway between the den and the parlor.

            “Would you get me the blue photo album from the dining room table please?” she asked looking over at him.

            “Yes, ma’am,” he nodded. As he passed he sent Nat a smirk before disappearing into the next room.

            “No, no, no!” Chase’s loud voice echoed through the house. “No pictures!”

            I laughed along with Liza. “You shouldn’t be eavesdropping, Chase!” I yelled in return.

            Jonathan came running into the parlor, the photo album in his hands. “Take it before he kills me!” he shoved the book into my hands and ran behind me for cover.