Chapter 25

I am so sorry for how long it has taken for me to upload this. But here it is now please enjoy.

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25

Nicole

            “That outfit looks good on you,” Landon commented, his eyes trailing my body.

            “Thanks,” I said, giving him a tight smile as I sat down on the couch beside him.

            “So you’re with Chase, huh?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

            I nodded. “Yes, I am.”

            “Why?” he asked. “I mean…after all the times he ignored you…you just go with it? Look, Nicole I know he’s that guy but…what about me? I was always there; ready to do anything with you. I didn’t think that you were like the other girls who drool over him every time they lay their eyes on him.”

            “Landon, come on. I’m not like those girls. It’s different. Chase and I are mates. We love each other,” I shrugged.

            “How can you love him but not me?” he asked.

            I opened my mouth to speak but…I didn’t know what to say.

            “I spent every day trying to impress you, I’m in love with you Nikki,” Landon continued. He leaned in. “I know you care about me too.” He pressed his lips to mine, only to have me push him back.

            “No! Landon, you can’t do that! I do care about you, yes, but as a brother…as a friend. Not as a boyfriend,” I shook my head, my hand still on his chest to hold him back.

            “Why? Why not me?” he asked, his eyes turning sad.

            I frowned. “Landon, I have known you for years I can’t. And not to mention I am with Chase.”

            “I don’t care, Nikki,” he gave a little shake of his head. “I am in love with you. I know you, way better than he does. I know everything about you. He knows nothing about you. Come on, Nikki. You can’t deny you have at least some feelings for me.” He pulled my head to his and allowed his lips against mine again.

            “Get the hell away from her!” a voice growled, low and threatening.

            I slammed Landon away from me and my eyes met Chase’s, who was standing behind the couch.

            “Chase,” I cautioned. “It’s okay. Calm down.” I walked around the couch to him and put a hand on his chest.

            “No! He kissed you. He cannot touch what is mine,” Chase snarled.

            “Chase,” I snapped. “I’m fine. He won’t do it again. Hannah is back, I can hear my car. I’ll take him home and then it’ll be done.”

            “No, Nicole, Hannah will take him home. You will not be near him again,” Chase replied.

            “Do you hear him, Nikki?” Landon asked, standing up. “He’s treating you like you’re his bitch.”

            “Shut up, Landon,” I growled.

            “He’s telling you what to do; he shouldn’t be allowed to do that. You’re a free person, not his to control. What happens when you don’t do what he says and he hits you? Like your father did that one time.”

            “Landon!” I snarled. “How could you? I told you not to talk about it. You promised you’d never mention it again.”

            Landon’s face turned to anger and hurt. “That was when I thought you were my friend.”

            “I am your friend. Just because I don’t want you in that way doesn’t mean that I don’t care about you.”

            “You know what? Forget it. I’ll just walk home,” Landon shook his head after a moment. “Goodbye, Nikki.”

            “Landon,” I whined. “Don’t—“

            He was already walking away. I heard the front door slam a few seconds later. I cringed and turned back to Chase.

            “Chase, I’m sorry about him…I didn’t—“

            “Save it, I know,” he nodded. He turned away and stomped up his stairs.

            I sighed but followed closely behind him. “Chase, don’t be mad. Please. I can’t take it if you’re mad at me. I love you, Chase.”

            Chase turned around, suddenly; making me crash into his chest. I looked up and met his eyes. They were full of lust. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me tightly against him. He smashed his lips to mine. My arms went around his neck to pull myself closer. He lifted me off my feet and allowed me to wrap my legs around his waist. I moaned as his thumbs started rubbing circles on my hips.

            Someone cleared their throat, making me untangle myself from Chase and look towards the person. It was Hannah. She looked like she was trying to hold back laughter.

            “Having fun?” she asked raising an eyebrow. I blushed, scarlet. Her laughter escaped. “Maybe you should take all that to Chase’s room.”

            I saw Chase roll his eyes but he grabbed my hands and towed me up the rest of the stairs to his room. Once he closed the door his lips met mine with a low, possessive growl. He lifted me off my feet and pressed me back into the door, allowing my legs to wrap around his waist. I felt a moan escape my mouth as Chase’s lips moved south, on my neck and his hands tightened their hold on my hips. My hands tangled themselves in his hair and tugged on it slightly. He walked backwards—keeping his hold on me—until he fell back on the bed with me on top of him.

            He rolled over, holding himself over me. His hands roamed my body and his lips met mine again. One of his hands made its way around to my back and picked me up and pulled me against him, hard. My legs—still around Chase’s waist—tightened. I let my hands go down his chest and slip under his shirt—feeling his defined, muscular chest. He pulled away long enough to chuck his shirt across the room. My arms snaked around his chest and pressed down on his upper back.

            Chase pulled back slightly. “W-we should s-stop,” he breathed.

            I make a weak sound of protest. “Let’s do it now.”

            “What?”

            “The ritual, let’s do it now,” I whispered, rubbing his back.

            Chase shuddered. “Nicole,” he whispered. “I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

            I leaned up and kissed the base of his throat. “How about now?”

            Chase narrowed his eyes at me accusingly. “Nicole,” his tone was a low caution.

            I kissed under his chin. “Are you sure?” I said in a low sing-song voice.

            Chase pushed me down and kissed me on my lips eagerly. “I need to know that you are sure,” he whispered after he pulled back.

            I nodded, meeting his eyes with confidence. “I am.”

            “Then I’ll go get everyone ready,” he nodded, climbing off the bed.