Chapter 23

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I've been getting super spikes in reads. Thanks :)

Pic of Jonathan (Wade Poezyn) on the side for a treat >>

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter 23 Nicole

            “So you’re okay with this?” Lisa asked Nat.

            “I guess…I’m still gonna slap the crap out of Jonathan when I see him,” she crossed her arms. “Nicole, did the shift hurt you?”

            I shook my head. “Not really, I mean yeah there was one little pain but…other than that no…But don’t forget I am different.”

            “Do you think it’ll hurt me?” she asked timidly.

            I paused to take a deep breath. “…I honestly don’t know, Nat. I think it’s likely but…I don’t know.”

            She sighed. “Why did my stupid hormones get the best of me?!” she moaned letting her head fall into her hands.

            I heard the sound of a door opening from downstairs. I scrunched up my nose before darting downstairs where Jonathan was entering the house.

            “You stupid bastard!!!” I screamed running at him. I let my hand come across his face, making a loud cracking sound.

            “What the hell was that for, you bitch?!” he yelled, outraged, as his hand touched his red cheek.

            “Go, Nicole!” Natalie cheered from behind me.

            “Jonathan,” a voice said making us all turn to look at him.

            Magnus stood with Liza, Chase, and Mack at his side.

            “Magnus, I know what this is about but you don’t understand she—“

            He was cut off by Chase walking forward and punching his face. When he pulled his hand back there was blood on Jonathan’s lip, where Chase’s ring cut him.

            “Chase?! Are you serious?!” Jonathan yelled.

            “You bit Natalie and now she’s going to turn into one of us. You didn’t even ask her,” Chase accused.

            “She wanted it! I know she did. Now she’s my mate. She and I will complete the mating process once she turns tonight,” Jonathan snapped.

            “Jonathan…” Natalie sighed. “Sure I said I wanted to be a werewolf. We were…doing stuff and I wasn’t thinking. You bit me without asking me…without making sure I was actually…sober or whatever. Jonathan, I do like you, I do. But this was kind of…too much.”

            “I didn’t mean to bite you,” he sighed. “I just…I was so…caught up in… everything, that I just did it. I didn’t think, and I’m sorry. You just don’t get what it’s like to be alone as a werewolf.”

            Natalie bit her lip, her eyes beginning to look like mine when I watched Bambi.

            “Liza, I ran that stuff you asked me to run!” Kelly called from the top of the stairs.

            “What did you find out?” Liza asked her eyes moving to Kelly, who was running down the red carpeted stairs.  

            “All of them are from the same line,” Kelly grinned. “That’s why they all became friends, that’s also why they have failed to turn.”