Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Chase

            I walked to Hannah’s room quickly, after the recent encounter with Nicole I was nervous. Being so close to her became more and more difficult with each passing second. I was glad when Luna backed down from the urges and I was able to think clearly. Kale wanted to force her back and go for it. I, of course, knew what it would mean for her. It was a big step and she needed her mind to be in a good state.

            I tapped on Hannah’s door quietly.

            “Come in,” she called. I walked in and her head was bent over some magazine that I didn’t recognize. “Chase? What do you need? Is she awake? Can I talk to her?” She was getting more and more excited with each question, a grin finally making its way onto her face.

            “She’s in the shower, I need clothes for her,” I shrugged. “You can talk to her after I get some food into her system, alright?”

            She nodded and climbed off of her giant pink and black bed. “I have some clothes that might fit her. They’re too small for me, so I’m guessing they’ll be almost the perfect size. She’s shorter and skinnier than me so…anyway here you go,” she handed me an outfit; complete with underclothes, which I completely disapproved of, I was only happy that they wouldn’t be seen by anyone else. “You don’t have any…more comfortable underclothes she could wear, do you?”

            Hannah lifted an eyebrow at me. “I thought you’d be happy with those. They’re very sexy, and they match. Besides you’ll be the only one to see them.”

            I sighed and stuffed the underclothes under the black shirt, I really didn’t want anyone seeing me carrying girl’s underclothes around the house…talk about a weird conversation. I turned but before I could go Hannah stopped me.

            “Don’t forget to let me know when she’s eating so I can talk to her,” she said before allowing me to leave her room.

            When I got back to my room Nicole was still in the shower. I tapped on the door so she would hear me.

            “Chase?” she asked.

            “Yeah,” I nodded, despite the fact that I couldn’t hear her.    

            “Come on in,” she said, her voice light.

            I stepped into the steamy bathroom and gently set the clothes on the counter beside the sink. I reached into the little cupboard I have and brought out a towel.

            The shower shut off just as I was reaching to put down the towel.

            “Chase?” Nicole asked, hesitantly. “Are you still in here?”

            “Uh, yeah,” I said. “Do you want me to pass you the towel?”

            “Please,” she breathed sticking her pink arm out from behind the white shower curtain.

            I placed the big fluffy towel in her hand, just barely brushing it with mine. “I’ll be in the bedroom.”

            “Alright, I’ll be out in a second,” she replied.

            I opened the door and stepped out. When the door was closed again I threw myself back on my bed, annoyed. I was such an idiot. Why was I so nervous around her all the time?