Chapter 27

So this is a kind of short chapter but I really want to get into Nicole's chapter. The story has a couple more chapters left before I start the sequel. I am so excited!!! 

Enjoy!!! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27

Chase

            I stormed back inside and marched angrily into my father’s office. “Who the hell was that?!” I screamed at my father.

            “I don’t know,” he answered honestly.

            “What do you mean you don’t know?! They took Nicole and if you don’t know who it was how are we supposed to find her?!” I snarled.

            “Chase, we will find her,” my mother assured me. “You just need to—“

            “Don’t you dare tell me to calm down, Mother,” I snapped, glancing at her. “I will not calm down until Nicole is standing here next to me!” my voice rose with each word that came out of my mouth.

            “Chase!” Hannah snapped coming to stand in front of me. “You really need to breath. You just yelled at Mother.”

            My stance softened and I looked over at my mother. “I’m sorry,” I whispered, bowing my head. “I just…”

            My mother walked to me and rubbed my shoulder. “I know, sweetie. You just need to calm down and think about it. We will find her. She’ll be okay.”

            “I’m not only worried about her physical health, Mom. What happens if…if he mates with her?” I asked. “What if they mate and then we kill him?”

            My mother sighed and looked down at her feet. “There’s a chance it’ll kill her too. If the mating chases away your bond to her…”

            “And if it doesn’t?” I asked, cautioned.

            “Then you two might still have a chance…not by necessarily mating but…by love,” my mother whispered. “But if she is no longer your mate then you may not feel the same way that you do now.”

            “I will. I love her. I will do anything for her,” I growled.

            “Chase, you don’t know that if it wasn’t for this mating thing then you’d actually like her,” Hannah pointed out.

            “I would…I know I would,” I snapped.

            “No, Chase, you don’t. You said yourself you never noticed her before the mating thing made you notice her,” Hannah shook her head.

            “I would’ve eventually,” I said. “How could anyone not notice her?”

            “Chase…” Hannah whimpered. “You know you’re not being rational.”

            “Enough! This is not helping us find her!” I yelled, rushing to my father. “I need to find her, Father, help me find her.”

            My father nodded his head once, not in submission but in respect. “I will call Axle,” he concluded picking up the phone.

            I began pacing. As soon as Axle answered Father put him on speaker. “What is it I can do for you today, Magnus?” he asked.