Ryuji's Memories Finale (Chapter 111)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

With Shokan in your hand, you get into a stance, ready for the horde of shadows.

You: Won't you guys be original? I've nearly had it up to here, facing a horde of you guys each time!

With one strike, you slice through a shadow. It splits down the middle, and you switch around and channel the power of Kage to unleash a massive wave of dark energy, consuming a large portion of the shadows in one blow. Your mask and your armor break, leaving you with only Shokan. The open sky above begins to crack as you realize that each shadow starts to come back in tens.

You: They keep coming back like a game! Wait!

With a simple thought in mind, you solve the mystery and realize that a shadow is still running the track at top speed. Each time they reach the finish line, ten more shadows are created—all of them with a distorted face of Ryuji. Gritting your teeth, you leap into the air and slash the runner in half. Not a second later, another takes his place and continues the track. 

You: Damn it!

The glass sky cracks with each dispatched shadow but repairs itself whenever one does a lap. So, now, an actual battle of attrition has occurred. Facing the facts of the situation, you flip your blade behind you and call upon Kage's depleting strength again, allowing you to summon one shadow clone to aid you in taking down each new runner.

It becomes a show of speed and finesse as you start to take on each runner that approaches, and then your clone takes out the next replacement runner. The lap counter has dropped below eight hundred. You're going to be here for a while...

An hour of constant fighting and taking down their numbers has resulted in the last fifty approaching. They cannot understand the tenacity behind your force of nature, but the bleeding wounds across your body, and your depleted clone fades away.

Ryuji's Shadow: *Takes a deep breath before grunting* You have incredible endurance but are just about out of steam! You can't possibly stop us from regaining our numbers anymore!

You: That may be true, but you missed one thing.

Ryuji's Shadow: What's that?

You: I never planned on killing you all to win.

Ryuji's Shadow: What are you talking about? The only way to free that wretch over there is to

Before he can finish his sentence, he looks up to see the shattered sky as the abyss around this world begins to seep in. A worried expression washes over the shadow as he cannot react when you clench your fist. A silver, blue light engulfs your fist and sparks to life in flames.

You: PERSONA!!!

Unleashing Bahamut the last time, your fiery wings spread across the field as you quickly rush forward with Rebellion and cleave through the remaining shadows. They hit the ground with loud thuds before vaporizing. The last shadow leans on your blade before you rip it out from its stomach, and it vanishes. It looks at you with anguish before completely fading. The moment the last shadow dies, the sky shatters entirely as the rest of the abyss consumes the world. Without a moment to waste, you pick up Ryuji and use your wings to fly yourselves out of there.

The stability of your time has begun to distort. Your time is nearly up from this long night of saving your friends, and you reach Futaba with the rest of the group and wrap your wings around them. The warm blue flames dissipate as the abyss pushes you all back into your bodies. You fall into the abyss before slowly opening your eyes to awake in your bed. The long first night of rescuing your friends leaves you awake but exhausted...

You: Better find them and see if they are alright...

Without realizing it initially, but the moment you moved from your bed, the wounds and the endless fatigue you gained made your body heavy as concrete and you fell back to your bed. The welcoming darkness of sleep slowly rushes over and closes your eyes. The much-needed rest for such a journey...

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it! And so, we end the first part of the Memory arc and go right into the second straight after this!

Due to some issues and problems, I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some sort of income, however small or large it is, that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!