Trip Around the Heart Part 1(Chapter 29)

*Morning May 20*

You arrive at school with a heavy yawn. Still sore and exhausted from yesterday's gymnastics meet you feel your body ache with each movement you make. Continuing throughout the day, you nearly pass out on your desk a few times while trying to listen to the lectures that were being taught that day. Some time passes through the classes and you are having lunch with your friends.

Ryuji: Hey! You look dead tired Y/N. What happened?

You: Oh just had to help someone with some physical activities.. And I ended up doing more than them so I am still feeling it.

Ann: That must be really something huh? It's rare to see you so exhausted from physical strain.

You: Well it was my first time doing something like that.. So yeah it was gonna be tough on my body.

Ren: Well it was an experience for you then.

You: You can say that again..

Morgana: You humans really do complain a lot about physical activities.

Ryuji: What was that?!

Morgana: I mean it's only natural that I, Morgana, don't complain at all!

Ren: What about that one time in Mementos?

Morgana: T..That was a fluke! Alright?! I didn't expect to run around that entire time because someone had to use the bathroom!

Ryuji: Hey! That wasn't my fault! I had a bad case of a stomachache!

You laugh with your friends as the day progresses. You returned to class and throughout the rest of the school day, you felt your chest start to annoy you. You could feel the mark burn bit by bit, as if it was trying to make you uncomfortable in the first place. You tried to ignore it as best as you could, but you were obvious in your situation. You were rubbing and scratching your neck as well as the mark itself. The cold feeling was still present with a cold burn that was just on top of it. Sweat was slowly dripping off your face as you felt a little bothered by it all.

*After School*

The bell rang and you took a deep breath. You quickly walked into the bathroom and made sure no one was in there. You unbuttoned your shirt and saw that the black veins were showing up more than usual. It sent chills down your spine as you began to touch it. Sighing, you button it back up, take one of your pills and head outside. 

As you reached the school gates, you saw Makoto standing right next to the gate with her arms folded by her waist. She turns and looks at you, the mixed feelings still present in her movements, but she straightens up for you.

Makoto: Ready to go..?

You: You bet. Is your Sister gonna be there when we arrive?

Makoto: She told me she was working today but she should be home after I get dinner ready.

You: You cook?

Makoto: Y..yeah! I've had to take care of myself since Dad passed away. So I was hoping to get better myself so I can be more responsible.

You Then let me help you cook.

Makoto: *Blushes* W..what? 

You: Truth be told I am the same. I had to take care of myself and I seem to be pretty good from people who have tasted my food. So let me help you out. It should be a good time.