Another Morning (Chapter 112)

*Morning July 12*

Your POV

Your alarm rings loudly as the exhausted feeling of last night in the Cognitive World has drained your stamina, and the effects of sleep were minor. However, you still got out of bed and got ready for school. Deciding to meet with Ren, you quickly stormed to Leblanc and entered the store. Sojiro greeted you like always. However, a familiar pair of faces sat at the table drinking coffee.

Kasumi: Oh! Senpai! Nice meeting you here.

Akechi: If it isn't my co-worker. Fancy seeing you here today. Quite the coincidence we have.

You: I'll say I didn't expect to bump into either of you simultaneously. Did you both stop by?

Akechi: Just about. I came here to get some excellent coffee.

Ren: Hey, what's with all the noise-

Ren finally steps down the stairs with Morgana in his bag. Akechi and Kasumi look over at Ren.

Kasumi: Hello Senpai!

Akechi: And here is number two. My, we had a nice little party.

Ren: Akechi, Kasumi, and Y/N? Is it someone's birthday or something?

You: Pretty sure it isn't that. I think you know why I came here.

Ren: I do. Hey, Sojiro, is it okay to take a rain check on breakfast?

Sojiro: Wha? Leaving so soon?

Ren: Sorry, Y/N and I planned on getting to class early to help prepare for exams.

Sojiro: Well, if that is the case, then I can overlook it; make sure you come back home before night. I don't want to worry about you being arrested.

You: Don't worry, I'll make sure he gets away from anything illegal; I am part of the force to a degree.

Sojiro: Ensure you both return before it's too late.

Ren and You: Yep!

After exiting Leblanc, Ren pulls you to the side for a small chat. Morgana pops his head out of the bag.

Ren: Hey, you going to be alright?

You: I'm fine.

Ren: If tonight is not going to work for you, we can always try to rescue the others another time-

You: That's not in the cards. Another day or half a day late might end us all.

Ren: Then let the rest of us handle it. Persona or not, we can devise a plan to rescue the others.

You: There's too much of a risk.

Morgana: I'm afraid Y/N is right about this, Ren; he is our trump card.

Ren: There won't be much of a trump card if he drops dead from exhaustion.

You: Look, I am fine. Let's hurry to school and observe the last of our friends before anything happens. Any information we can glean from their states could indicate whether we need to hurry. Let's hope that we aren't too late.

Morgana: Who's first?

You: If we are going by distance, Ann first, then Yusuke.

Ren: Why Yusuke? Shouldn't Makoto be closer?

Futaba: It would take longer to do Mokoto and wait to get closer to Yusuke. Tackling Ann first gives us a closer and cleaner route to Yusuke and, in turn, a better route to Makoto.

Futaba approaches us, and you pat her head with a smile. She jumps up and down playfully and stays by your side.

You: Right, so that is the plan. As much as I would love to do Makoto, our current route still stands as our most efficient way of doing this tonight without wasting much time or running out, for that matter. 

Ren: Won't mean much if you can't go on in your state.

You: Enough about that, please. Let's just get going, shall we?

Futaba: See you later, losers; I got a date with my excellent PC!

You: Don't waste too much energy on that; you might need the rest. I will be counting on you for support tonight as well.

Futaba: Yeahhhhh, I'm still going to grind!

You: *Sighs* make sure you don't overdo it.

You take off with Ren and Morgana to school. The gentle walk there was slow and full of debate about the plan for saving the last three members of the Phantom Thieves and hoping that you would be able to save your friends in time.

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it. This is the extension to the arc before we go into the crazy once again!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!