Exploring Options (Chapter 38)

*Morning May 29*

After leaving your home in the morning, you decided to pay Ren, Morgana, and Sojiro a visit. It was a normal sunny morning as you began to approach from around the corner. Just a block away you were just near the by-pass of Takemi's clinic and an alleyway when suddenly you are hit with a sudden wave of a familiar presence. You stop and turn towards the alleyway, you are suddenly drawn towards the presence.

You make your way down to a single house and upon getting closer, you feel the intensity of the presence grow even stronger, not knowing exactly what it is, you read the name of the owner of the house.

You: Wait.. This is.. Sojiro Sakura's home..? Why do I get a feeling of the Meta Verse around here..? Maybe.. I should just use my ability to peer into it..

You close your eyes and channel the power forth, upon opening your eyes, a sudden golden flash gleams across them, your vision peers into the realm between realms. You look at Sojiro's house and see a darkness circling around it, your vision extends deeper and suddenly you see flashes of the world shift and change. You find yourself briefly in some sort of desert with a far off pyramid in the distance in front of you. Then the shift stops and you are resorted back into the real world, you blink and your power fades back and you return to normal.

You rub your eyes as the shift does give you a small headache and eye pain. After the moment you take to recovery, you look back up and for a brief moment, you see a figure standing on the floor above in Sojiro's house, you get a quick glimpse but you spot a young girl with orange hair and glasses staring at you. She realizes you spotted her and begins to hide away, but before she does, you quickly focus your power and when it activates, you see the source of the shift is coming from this young girl. When she hides away from sight, you rub your eyes again and feel your phone vibrate.

You: *Sigh* Let me guess. I am gonna grab my phone, check the vibration, and it's gonna be the Meta Nav, telling me this is a Palace and I am able to enter here cause it thinks I've been here before right..? *Checks phone* For Fu- Come on! I don't understand you sometimes! Gah..!.. Well Judging the feeling I got from this Palace, it is quite different from the other Palaces I know of.. Well.. Nothing I can do for now, but I think I would like to explore this place on my own when I can. For now I should meet up with my friends today..

You turn around and head towards Leblanc. Upon entering the Cafe, the bell ringing, Sojiro turns towards you.

Sojiro: S..Sorry we are still closed-..! O..Oh! It's you Y/N! What brings you here?

You: Nothing much Boss, thought I would stop by to visit since it's been a little bit. How's it going.

Sojiro: W..Well things are expected I guess. Been going at the business as usual. I thought I had the sign read as closed though..

You: Oh..It still is. I just decided to head in regardless.

Sojiro: You're pretty ballsy for a kid you know.

You: Am I..? I guess I will take it as a compliment. I didn't mean to intrude unannounced but I did wanted to talk to Ren.

Sojiro: Uhh.. He might be still sleeping, I will let him know you are here.

You watch as Sojiro moves around the counter and heads upstairs, you hear him call Ren and explain that you are visiting. After a few moments Sojiro comes down the stairs once more.