Solutions and Problems (Chapter 23)

*Evening May 16*

Takemi: What do you mean your time is almost up? My last check up had me give you less than 18 months!

You: I've been keeping it a secret but..

Takemi: But..?

You: My illness is causing my organs to fail that is correct and with your medicine I am able to reduce the symptoms and damage and buy me time. But I've noticed that each episode that I encounter something seems wrong than usual..

Takemi: A new symptom..?

You: It is.

Takemi: What is the symptom?

You: Paralysis, my latest episode happened earlier today.

Takemi: What kind of paralysis did occur?

Takemi has begins to write down notes.

You: If I don't take any of the meds in time, my body begins to lock up, the pain alone nearly makes it impossible to do anything but waiting for the medicine to kick in, I felt my body lock up, staining to move, unable to do anything.

Takemi: So.. I guess the answer is right in front of us.

You: Yes..

Takemi: The illness has spread to your brain then..

You: This is what I think so as well.

Takemi: Do you feel light headed at all?

You: All the time, I tend to push through it but subconsciously, my mind is dying faster than the rest of my body.

Takemi:...

You: I know Dr. Oka had good intentions but even he couldn't have predicted that the dangerous medication he gave me would do more harm than good. The side effects on my mind are severe, allowing the illness to progress and infect my brain stem and nervous system.

Takemi: And that is why you want me to examine you. To see how far it's spread and how much time it cut.

You: Correct. Please, just give a straight answer.

Takemi: I will do so, as you are my patent. Follow me into the examination room.

You follow Takemi into the room and take a seat. She quickly begins to examine you fully. She doesn't show her emotions during the examination so you patiently wait until she finishes. After a little while, she takes some of your blood and does some testing which takes a bit more time, she concludes her examination soon after.

Takemi: I am done.

You: I see.

Takemi: *Sigh*

You: That bad huh? Not like I was surprised.

Takemi: You are right that it has spread to your brain stem and is slowly progressing. Your blood results from my search showed traces of some dark matter within it. I believe it is tainted and poisonous blood cells that the illness is causing to be produced. The side effects of your medication and the poison mixed and it was able to gain access to your brain much quicker than expected. I could do more thorough tests but I don't think I would find anything else other than I already know. So there won't be a need for it.

You: So my own body is poisoning me in the end...

Takemi: It seems that you're a rare and unknown case, yes. Your heart must be the biggest source of the illness.