Unwieldy Expectations (Chapter 9)

*May 5 Early Morning*

You slowly wake up from your nights rest, your body feeling sore from yesterday's events. Upon realizing the slow burning pain in your chest you reach for your bag and pull out the blue bottle of pills.

You: She said take one, two at most if it gets too much but no more..

You take out a pill and swallow it without hesitation. After a few moments the pain within your chest slowly dies down, it doesn't fully disappear but it becomes manageable. You start to get ready to go to school, making a quick breakfast for yourself, you have been living alone for a little while now and you have been getting better at your cooking. When you started out you burnt nearly everything you cooked or it just wasn't very tasty. Refusing to always order out with the money your Father supplies you, you have been working very hard and learning cooking techniques to make some very good dishes. And this breakfast was no exception, making some scrambled eggs with perfectly browned toast was easy but you added a little special flair in the cooking. It came out perfectly and you enjoyed the meal you had prepared.

You: Maybe I should look into more ingredients, I should start fixing new dishes, maybe I could get the guys to try it sometime.

You begin to write a list to your handler, who was hired by your Father, the one who brought you food every week. So you wrote a letter and put it into the request box just outside your small house so that he can receive it. Checking the time, you notice that school was gonna start soon and you should get going there. So you got your stuff and headed outside towards the train station. Taking the train to Central street you began looking at your phone for dishes online that you could try to make. Ever since being hospitalized and home alone, cooking has become your main hobby other than normal stuff that you figured a guy your age would be into. Now all you needed was a girlfriend to share the experience. The thought of a girlfriend made you chuckle but also brought up some unpleasant memories, girls asking you out just for your money, or to just get closer to your Father's business. Some even did it to get the title of dating the smartest kid in the school who had everything... You shake your head as that life of yours is something you don't want to relive. People using you because you had money or the child of a successful man, not just because you were someone they were attracted to or wanted to know.

In your moment of distraction and looking at your phone, you suddenly bump into someone, you trip and fall to the side but catch yourself with your hand and knee, you quickly feel the burn on both. You hear the yelp of someone and the scattering of papers..

You: Oh shoot, I'm sorry!

Unknown Girl: Ahh.. No it's okay..

You turn to look at the voice and you see a Shujin student sitting on the floor holding her head and trying to grasp the papers that flew out of her hands. You instinctively begin to help her gather the papers since you were the one distracted.

You: I am sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going.

Shujin Girl: Oh no! Don't worry about it. Thank you for helping.

You: It's only right. Here, this should be all of them.

You grasp the stack of papers and hand it to her. It was at this moment that you finally got a good look at her. You stood there frozen with the papers in hand as you stared at her. She had short brown hair with a braid that ran across the top, with deep piercing red eyes, unlike you have seen before. You blink your eyes speechless and stunned at such a pretty girl. I mean you felt the same way about Ann when you first met her, but something about this girl and her rose red eyes gathers your attention.