Prepping the Mind (Chapter 69)

*After School June 13*

*Your POV*

After the confrontation with Sae-san, she sighs and turns and begins to walk back into the office, motioning you to follow. You are kinda caught off guard by the glances you get, causing you to kinda get a little nervous.

Sae: I already spoke with the Director and he's giving me full permission in testing your abilities this week before I get you into the case fully.

You: What tests?

Sae: Well first.. Since you are legally 18, you will be handed a service weapon and given the proper firearms training and clear to handle one. After that you will be tested on your IQ but I have no doubt you will have no trouble with that.

You: Is that all?

Sae: For the most part, yes. You sound kinda unnerved by this.

You: Well I don't think I will need the full week to be tested. I honestly think we can wrap it up today.

Sae: Are you serious right now?

You: Of course Ma'am.

Sae: Fine. If you are gonna be that confident don't blame me for throwing you into the lions den. Here, let's go to the shooting range right away then.

And so you took an elevator to the current floor where the practice shooting ranges were. Officers and other workers were surprised to see such a young individual as yourself in the range. Sae gives a quick order at the attendant and soon the gates open. Sae motions you to follow.

Sae: Alright, if you want to get this over with and done, I want you to show me the proper safety instructions on handling a firearm such as a handgun of this caliber.

You: Easy, is the safety on?

Sae: Of course it is.

You: Then..

You quickly grab the Glock 17 on the table and quickly start to pull off some pieces. Sae is shocked by the sudden dismantle and tries to say something..

You: If the safety is on, then I can show you how I can disable a firearm and also fix it to show you my knowledge.

You slide off the top part of the pistol and take out the slider and trigger mechanism and place the parts on the table and quickly put back on the slider and enter a empty clip on the side and aim it at the target and pull the trigger. It doesn't click at all and the chamber doesn't even move.

You: A handgun of this caliber needs those 2 important parts to even properly function, which is a safety of itself, but when I put it back together..

You quickly slide open the Glock and replace the parts again and pull back the pistol, you quickly load a bullet into the chamber and pull the slide back to make sure it's loaded. You quickly flick off the safety feature and fire a single shot down range, getting a clean head shot. Sae and the surrounding officers are shocked by the quick motions and steady firing position you take. You unload the clip and flick the safety back on and hand the gun over to Sae.

You: I'm sure you knew that already, but you ever would like a refresher I am more than willing to remind you.