Frozen Empathy (Chapter 28)

*After School May 19*

After a slow day in class, you sat in your seat, softly breathing in and out. Your mind has been occupied with this morning and the discovery of the mark on your chest, it hasn't acted up during the school day but you can still feel a slight coldness where the mark is. You sigh and get from your seat and begin to head out of class and down the stairs. On your way to the exit, you turn the corner to see Makoto standing in the hall. She seems to be lost in thought, you begin to approach her and you touch her shoulder. She jumps and turns to face you.

You: H..hey..! Are you alright..?

Makoto: I.. I um...

You: You seem a little lost? Is there something I can help with..?

Makoto: N..No..

You can tell she is trying to avoid eye contact with you.. It causes a stir inside you and you can't understand the feeling.

You: W..Well we have a busy day tomorrow. Seeing as I will meet your Sister and everything.

Makoto: O..Oh that..yeah..

You: Hey..!

Makoto: A..Ah! Y..yes..?

You: Seriously, what's gotten into you all of a sudden? Jeez.. If you aren't feeling well you shouldn't be in school you know.

Makoto: Mm..

You: *Sighs heavily* Just so you know, I am very much looking forward to meeting your Sister.

Makoto: Y..You are?

You: Yeah! I mean, I wouldn't be lying if I wasn't a little nervous but I got a good feeling it's gonna be alright. Besides, we need to hang out sometime anyways. Meeting your Sister is a pleasure.

Makoto: I.. I see.. Yeah..

You see her start to become more timid around you and continue to avoid your eyes. You get a sudden urge and sensation that begins to control your movements. Almost like your hand moves on its own. You reach out and grip her chin softly and direct her gaze towards yours. She is surprised, eyes wide open, completely frozen. Staring into her eyes, you sense mixed emotions within them. It causes you to worry and feel like it's about you.

You: Hey.. You're worrying me you know..

Makoto: *Flustered heavily* I..I umm..! I..

You: If there is something about you that is making you feel this way.. Please tell me alright..

Makoto: I......s..sure...*trying to avert gaze*

You: I don't like it when you try to avoid me you know. It's going to be okay silly.

You start to realize how close you are with her and your hand is still softly gripping her chin. You get flustered and pull your hand away and try to hide your embarrassment.

You: A..Anyways! I'll see you tomorrow okay! I look forward to it..!

Makoto: *Still flustered* R..Right..!

You wave her goodbye as you dash out of the school and head to meet up with Kasumi....