Makoto's Memories Part 1 (Chapter 118)

*Cognitive World*

Makoto's POV

It was dark and cramped. A cold chain wrapped around my neck, nearly cutting off my ability to breathe. My eyes were glossy and barely open, but I could still observe my surroundings. How long was I like this? One moment, I was in school; the next, I was here. The unexplainable transition only confused me further.

Female?: It seems like our guest will arrive shortly. I didn't doubt he would.

Male?: He has already defeated the others; what if he is too powerful?

Female?: Don't worry, even if he is her loyal knight, mine will crush hers.

Male?: Just know who is in charge.

Female?: You? Don't make me laugh. I am the Queen of this Palace; just because this scared runt saw you big and powerful doesn't mean I am the same.

Male?: Hmph! Just take care of the pest. If you don't, then I guess I can take care of two problems.

Female?: Watch what you say, Kanashiro, or else you will be licking my boot.

Kaneshiro's Shadow: Tsk, whatever, make sure you take over her body so I can go back to mine, Makoto.

To my sudden surprise and understanding a bit more of my surroundings. I watched the two figures, presumably Shadows, talking to each other. Mentioning each other's names, my eyes widen to see the Shadow version of myself grabbing a chain. She yanks it, and I feel the tightness around my neck pull me to the Shadow. Coughing from my rough state, I watch in horror as a darker version of myself stares at me. Her eyes darkened with pitch-black mascara; her devilishly dark purple lips matched the twisted version of my phantom attire. The color is drenched in an inky black color; numerous jagged spikes run down her arms and legs—streaks of purple blend into the darker brown hair. The piercing yellow eyes draw close to my face. I can't speak, but I am able to whimper.

Makoto's Shadow: You're going to be a good girl and sit right there and watch.

Makoto: W-wha- *struggles to speak*

Makoto's Shadow: You'll get to see your precious man once again. Unfortunately, you will have to see him die in front of your eyes. After that, I will entirely consume your mind and take over your body, leaving you in the shadows forever.

???: You need of me my Queen?

Makoto's Shadow: Ahh, there you are, darling. I need you to be ready; your challenger is nearly here. Be a treat and give me some "entertainment" while we wait?

Y/N's Shadow: As you wish, my Queen.

I was mortified. Her version of Y/N was twisted. I knew it wasn't him, but his figure's likeness and extra detail only made it harder to watch. He wore a long black cape and a small set of dark purple armor. His long dark hair flowed past his neck, and black streaks streamed past his eyes and to his cheeks. I was forced to watch as they indulged in intimate actions on a massive bed in the middle of this chamber. I struggle to get free, and the chains rattle and soon tighten in response to my efforts. I grunt briefly and submit to my fate until I can be rescued. In the depths of my heart and mind... I was calling for Y/N to save me, my everlasting hope to see him... I waited in agony...

*Same Time*

Your POV

After reuniting with Futaba and depositing Yusuke and Ann with her, she points you to where Makoto's Palace sits.

Futaba: It's just over there. The only strange thing is that it is small. Smaller than a box.

You: Are you sure? Why?

Futaba: My data on it is blocked, but it all points to a tiny speck.

You: Hmm... That isn't right.

Futaba: Maybe it is a figurehead for the Palace itself?

You: Maybe I have a theory. Can you highlight it for me with your awesome skills?

Futaba: No problemo! One highlighted object: here we go!

With intense energy, Futaba causes a pinpoint speck in the middle of the Cognitive World to shine in the abyss—the pure green aura circles around the small object.

Futaba: And that is in the bag! Say, what do you have in mind?

You: Sit and watch.

Gleaming with confidence, bright blue wings burst forth from your back. They glow bright, and Rebellion appears in your hands.

Futaba: Wait! Are you seriously-

You: They make it too easy; I must strike at that spot with full force, and it should break the barrier.

Futaba: What? If you do that, it will cause the Palace to become unstable by this place. Are they insane for leaving a weak spot like that?

You: They are inviting me...

Futaba: Then... Wait! Y/N! It's a trap!

You: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Futaba: YOU IDIOTTTTTT!!!!

With a bright smile, you launch yourself, breaking sound; you approach the highlighted object, aim Rebellion in front of you, and aim the blade right at the center. The blue flames of your Persona glow hotter and bigger.

You: GIVE ME BACK MY MAKOTO!!

Slamming into the spot, a massive blue and purple explosion occurs. The insuring moment causes a glass-sounding break before the barrier of the Palace shatters, and you slip inside. With the barrier now broken, you retain your Persona at full power and land inside the massive Palace. Waiting for you is a horde of armor-dressed Shadows, their hollow yellow eyes piercing through you.

You: I expected less... I guess they want to make this a challenge as well, now... Lead me to my girl!

With one swipe with Rebellion, you engulf a row of shadows in your blue flames. The moment it touches them, it quickly spreads to the surrounding shadows, instantly burning them to ash. You push your way through this open field, claiming each and every single one of them in your wake. Just ever slowly approaching the massive Castle in the background. Unlike Yusuke and Ann's, this one is a proper Castle, fitted with a dark atmosphere, inviting you further...

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! The final chapters for the Arc have started, and oh boy we are going to be moving after this arc. With each new arc, we grow closer to approaching the end. I still plan on doing well over 200 chapters of this story but it means it will take me quite possibly another year to even finish which is a pain but I am committed to fully exploring my vision and what I want to dedicate a good amount of my time to. So stick around and find out what other adventures and turns we shall take...

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!