Morgana's Memories Final Part (Chapter 109)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

The growing visage of Kage wraps around your arms and blade. With the intense rage fueling your actions, you swing forward to cause a vibrating shockwave that causes the Shadow in front of you to fall over.

Morgana's Shadow: What power is this?!

With the increased output of Kage, you turn your blade toward the Shadow. He stands up and snaps his fingers, which hits you with the same feeling. Your joints lock up, but Kage forces your body to move the moment they do, making you immune to the paralysis. The Shadow looks scared and begins to back away.

The sudden realization that once the party tricks are well past, you begin to feel like this Palace is one of the weakest ones you have entered. All the Shadows and even the Ann replicas were soft. Only when you couldn't defend yourself or were busy with numbers is when it was a bit dodgy.

Morgana's Shadow: S...Stay back! H...Here's the key: just don't kill-!

You: Kill you? Why would you think that?

In a twisted turn, a shadow clone of yourself stabs the Shadow from behind. The inky black blade drips the dark black blood of the shadow before it vanishes. The key fell to the floor. The clone picks up the key and tosses it to me. The moment I do, Kage powers down, and so does the rage status. It felt good to feel myself once again.

You: Futaba?

Futaba: Loud and clear!

You: Good. I will grab Morgana and head out; this place was pretty easy.

Futaba: Are you sure? You were stuck in here for almost 2 hours!

You: 2 hours? What are you on about? It has been barely 30 minutes-

Futaba: When you stopped responding, something within the Palace made it go slower for you but faster for us, almost like a stack of time. But it says the mastermind of the Palace is no longer alive, so time should return to you in a few moments now. It will advance the time your previous self will catch up and have to rapidly fast forward, so get ready for a shock.

You: Wait, what kind of shock-!

On cue, the rapid displacement occurs, and you fast forward, and the moment you return to an average pace, the previous damage you sustained before catches back up to you and is amplified due to this process. Your eyes were wide open as blood poured from your wounds even more viciously. It's almost like the Shadow planned this from the start; extensive pain shot through your body, and you barely can stand.

You: OWWWW!!!

Futaba:...What was that?

You: Oh, you know... LOSING MORE OF MY BLOOD!

Futaba: Your health bar says your fine-OH GOD!

You: YEAH, I KNOW!

Ren: What are you freaking out about Futaba-HOW ARE YOU ALIVE!?

You: You know... I wonder! Fuck...! Give me a minute; prepare for my return as I throw up for a second.

You throw up a good amount of blood as the internal bleeding becomes too much to handle.

A few healing items later, a short rest, and you return to 100%. No, seriously, it was that easy. Just you are now exhausted beyond comprehension. After some time, you free Morgana and carry him outside the hall and into the garden. The Palace begins to crack, and soon, Bahamut graces you with your wings. Taking to flight, you feel Morgana starting to wake up.

Morgana: Hmm...? Where am I- WAIT, TOO HIGH, TOO HIGH!!

You: Morning you weirdo! I'll let Futaba explain it to you. I am too tired for now.

Morgana: I uhh... Please do...

You fly through the abyss and reach Futaba and take a second to recover from using Bahamut. The strain of everything burdens your shoulders. The strain of your muscles burns hot, and the rest of your body aches in comparison. Futaba and Ren explain everything to Morgana, and he quickly understands but questions you about the Palace; you figure it would be best not to tell him he had a freaky dinky dungeon with a human version of himself with various clones of Ann in provocative clothing. 

Futaba: Last one is Ryuji. Are you ready, Y/N?

You: We got less than 3 hours to rescue him, and knowing that the Shadows can do something like time distortion, I need to be careful.

Ren: You got this!

Morgana: Get our lovable idiot back!

You: Here I go...!

And with that, you fly towards the next Palace...

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry if the Morgana arc was relatively short, but looking at the character more in-depth, I found that the approach I took was kind of in tune since Morgana is not precisely average and that his Palace would not be filled with many memories because he can't even remember them at this point of the game. So, it made it easier to make this Palace sort of a gag and comedic tone for the whole arc, but Ryuji's should be more serious and a bit longer like Ren's. So, stay tuned for that.

Due to some issues and problems, I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this not only will provide me with some sort of income, however small or large it is, that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!