Persona's Requiem Part 2 (Chapter 124)

*Cognitive World*

Ren's POV

The Phantom Thieves showed up just in time. Standing before us was the Shadow that had put the curse upon us. It was hiding inside Y/N the entire time. Before rescuing Makoto, Y/N had told us about his theory.

*Flashback*

Futaba: Just Makoto left! Then we can get out of here!

You: Not quite.

Futaba: What do you mean?

You: After freeing Ann and Yusuke, I noticed something strange. A part of me felt consumed.

Futaba: Is it Kage?

You: No, Kage is no longer against me or you guys. This is something different, but ever since you guys freed me from Kage after we got out of the abyss, there has been something, like a hole in my chest that has been getting bigger and bigger. If I am right, we are going to need everyone, we are going to need the Phantom Thieves to stop it.

Futaba: Not to put everything on you, but are we capable of doing it? Why can't you?

You: Because, if I am right, I won't be able to do anything to stop it. Once I rescue Makoto and the Palace begins to crumble, I need you to protect her and fight whatever is inside me.

Futaba: What? Like a ghost possessing you?

You: Sure. Either way, I need you to use Prometheus to get you out of here or pull our friends to assist and make sure they have their Persona.

Futaba: I hope you know what you are doing.

You: Well, I am putting my faith in you guys, so don't let me down.

Futaba: That's easier said than done! That's like asking a noob in an MMO to solo a Raid boss!

You: I thought you were the master gamer!

Futaba: Grrr! You're lucky you are my favorite person!

You: Good! Then I know you can do it!

*Present*

Ren: Guys, I don't know how we will fare against this entity, but we will do something to save Y/N!

Everyone: Right!

Makoto: Leave it to me; I'll get him back.

Ryuji: We need to recover his memories. Well, I think that thing probably has it locked away inside. If we kick its ass over and over again, maybe it will cough it up!

Morgana: For once, Ryuji has a solid plan.

Ryuji: HEY! I TRY OKAY!

Ann: Let's go!

Yusuke: I'll make this my masterpiece!

Ren: Phantom Thieves! Fan out!

Upon my words, we break into groups and spread out, surrounding the Shadow. A smile smears across his face as he touches his face, laughing.

The Dark Essense: I have taken your memories and will do so again...

Makoto charged in and landed a blow on the Shadow, but there was no reaction. Makoto backed away cautiously and looked around for any answers. That was until the Shadow leaped into the air and slowly levitated in the air. A loud and vigorous laugh screeched into our ears, causing us to cover them.

Before we could realize what was happening, the Shadow had pulled a piece of himself out and threw it to the ground. It hit and splattered, and a mimicry cloaked in shadow soon resembled me. Bewildered, I stood in shock.

Morgana: It must be able to replicate itself using us as models!

Yusuke: If that is the case, we should understand how this will work!

Leaping forward, Yusuke slashes into the mimic, but it bends backward to avoid the strike and kicks Yusuke in the back, launching him into the air. He landed and recovered quickly. Makoto ran alongside Ryuji to strike, but it promptly deflected both of them, drew a dagger and pistol, and attacked back. Seeing it use my style, I quickly tackled it to the ground. Quickly, it brushed me off to the side before slashing my chest with the dagger. I rolled back and got to my feet; luckily, it only hit my vest. The Shadow laughed harder and began to enjoy watching the mimic toy with us.

Ren: Laugh at this!

Aiming at the Shadow, I fire my entire pistol into the figure. The bullets hit its body but only deflected off; one of the bullets grazed my arm as it was deflected back. I cursed under my breath. Ann leaped into the air and tried to whip him back to the ground, but her efforts left her hand before it shook her off. We weren't getting anywhere, and I knew we needed to focus. 

Ren: I know that Y/N being out for the count is bad news for us, but we can't always rely on him no matter what happens! If we want to be helpful to our friend and comrade, we must be prepared to give it our all!

Ryuji: So, no more fearless leader!

Regrouping, we took our stance and looked at the mimic. It twisted its head and laughed, quickly morphing into a feminine figure resembling Makoto.

Ren: Got more tricks up your sleeve, huh? I guess we have to figure that out, too.

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry for the shorter one, but I figured I wanted to put the real fight in the next chapter so it gets right into it. I know my consistency for chapters has been random as of late, but work has been hard to find any time in the day I can write a chapter, as my schedule has been messed up with little to nothing I can do about it. I'll try to adjust it as best as I can, but until then, I will see you later.

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!