Journey to the Abyss (Chapter 101)

*Evening July 11*

Your POV

Taking the station, you arrive in Yongen-Jaya. Turning the corner you enter Takemi's clinic, adjusting your shirt a bit before heading inside. You step into the familiar space and Takemi notices you from her office.

Takemi: Ahh, Y/N? What brings you here? Your refill isn't due for a week.

You: Yeah I'm still good on my medication. However, I think I got something that might interest you, here.

You take out the pills that Maruki handed you and present them to Takemi. She looks at you and takes them from your hand. She begins to examine them and pulls out her own product and begins to compare the two.

Takemi: Where did you get this?

You: A friend had it made, someone who is researching Cognitive Psience. Apparently, this concoction is the improved version of what you made, believe it or not. The only issue they have is mass production. 3 was all he was able to achieve after a while.

Takemi: Let me guess, you want me to mass-produce this? I know we have a lot of medication going on and I am more than happy to help but if you keep piling more on...-

You: Please, Takemi. If you can do this I would be very grateful. I still need to test the pill on myself, but if it works like intended, you won't need to make your formula anymore.

Takemi: You know I don't trust an experimental drug that isn't mine.

You: I know but please for me? 

You give her a serious look and she can't help but look away a little flushed by your expression.

Takemi: Tsk... Fine..! But you're going to owe me for later. My experiments with Ren have been progressing nicely but I might have extra stuff I wanna try with you instead!

You: Deal.

Takemi: *Sighs* You didn't have to say it with such vigor... Well, I'll see what I can do. I trust you with this *Hands you back the other two pills and keeps the one*, just don't overdo it.

You: Thanks, you are the best.

Takemi: *Mumbles* don't be so cute...

You: Hmm?

Takemi: *Blushes* Nothing! Get going! Now!

You: Alright alright! *Chuckles* Have a good night.

You turn away and head outside, leaving a flustered Takemi to herself. She tries to calm herself down but quickly takes a massive swig of coffee before smacking her cheeks, going to work on the new drug...

A few minutes pass as you give Futaba a call.

Futaba: It's getting late, you finished wrapping things up?

You: For the most part. Time isn't on our side so I wanted to discuss with you our plans.

Futaba: I was just thinking about that. Can't raid a dungeon without setting up!

You: If the drug I have works properly, I could potentially free at least 3 of our friends before needing to wake up. I can spare about 3 hours each before the pill's effects start to fade.