Cognitive Memory (Chapter 42)

*Morning May 31*

You respond to Takemi that you will head over right now. You grab your school stuff and head on over to her Clinic as fast as you can. You arrive and sorta barge in which startles her as she sits at her desk, recognizing it is you, she gets up from her seat.

Takemi: T..That was fast.

You: *Breathing Heavily* What is the cure..!?

Takemi: Slow down, you are gonna pass out from breathing too hard.

You: S..Sorry *Sighing heavily*

Takemi: Here, come into my office, I will discuss it with you there.

You head into her office and sit on the stool chair. You watch as she brings up her laptop and turns it over to you and begins to explain.

Takemi: This is just a theory but I have found a way that would slow the progress of your illness to a halt for the time being, in doing so I could also perform some experimental treatments when you under these effects.

You: Wait what..?

Takemi: I have a new medicine formula from research that would do it.

You: What would happen to me normally when taking it?

Takemi: Well that is the risky part, you will be put under a coma like you were before hand.

You: W..what?

Takemi: I know it sounds crazy but the medicine lets your body pause entirely like going into stasis which should halt your body and your cells from spreading the illness any further, however you will be under. Your mind will still be intact but you will be deep in your subconscious that might also make a big difference.

You: What do you mean by that? Are you saying that I could do something about it..?

Takemi: Quite possibly. Have you ever heard of the term "Cognitive Theory" Or "Cognitive Science"?

You: I..It sounds like something I heard before but I can't quite picture it.

Takemi: Put simply you can change someone entirely if you can change their cognition of something they perceive. Someone can be a smoker and eat poorly, then you apply Cognitive Science, and you will make him quit smoking and have him start eating more healthier in the meantime.

You: Like a change of heart?

Takemi: You can say something like that.

You: Where did you get this idea?

Takemi: I stumbled upon some deep ground articles and reports from some anonymous person who was researching this field and have some pleasurable facts behind their studies. I just apply their theories with mine and I came up with a medicine that allow you to dive deep within your own subconscious and maybe change how your body views the illness, in turn you would tell your body to fight back the illness and drive it out of your system. Like I said before, the only problem is that you will be put into a comatose state, and the length of that could be days, weeks, months even.

You: That would mean I would have to miss sections of going to school and other stuff if I did do it.

Takemi: That is right, however this will increase your chances of curing you and help you get back on track.

You: Hmm...

Takemi: What is it..?

You: I am just thinking of something that might work.