Aftermath (Chapter 25)

*Evening May 17*

After getting Yusuke out of the Palace and back to the real world, all of you explain to him the situation and why you guys were the Phantom Thieves. Yusuke seems to accept this as you all split off to go home, you can't help but keep picturing the figure from before. Something about them, whatever it was, has you stirred. Almost like it's haunting you and trying to remind you of something but you can't put your mind on it.

You head home and pull out your phone. You prepare a group text with everyone about the figure you saw but after some consideration, you decide that you don't know what to say really. So you stop and place it right next to you.

You take your pill and prepare for bed. After dealing with the jolt of energy, you take note to make sure you receive your next supply of pills from Takemi. You attempt to sleep but images of the figure keep plaguing your dreams, causing you to have a slight case of insomnia to trigger...

*Morning May 18*

Barely waking up from your night of restless sleep you begin to prepare yourself for school. After doing your daily routine, you realize the time of the day. The moment you catch the time you instantly start to wake up.

You: Shit! School is gonna start soon!

You quickly take your pill and grab your school stuff and rush out the door and head towards the station. You realize that you won't make it to class on time as you approach the school gates, checking your phone, the bell must have rung by now and you sigh in defeat. You enter the school and try to reach your classroom until you are stopped by a familiar voice.

Makoto: Y/N? What are you doing? You should be in class right now.

You: O..Oh about that.. I kinda had a tough time sleeping and I must've lost track of time getting ready in the morning..

Makoto: Oh jeez.. What am I gonna do with you..

You: I'm sorry for being late President! I'll head right to class..!-

Makoto: They are just gonna mark you off anyways unless you have a valid reason..

You: I know..-

Teacher: Hey! You should be in class young man! Hmm..? Niijima-san? What are you doing here?

Makoto: O..Oh well I was running to the Student Council room until a gust of wind came through the entrance and blew important school related papers all over the entrance. L/N-kun here decided to help me collect the papers back up, unfortunately he is late to his class because of my mistake.

Teacher: Is that so..?

Makoto: It is sir.

You: Y..yeah! Makoto has been a great help catching me up on subjects that I missed due to my absence for awhile..

Teacher: L/N? Oh you must be the transfer from America.

You: That's right sir.

Teacher: Well I will overlook this tardiness this time, since you helped out Niijima-san, come with me, I will escort you to class and let the teacher know the reason you were late. It shouldn't be a problem.

You: T..Thank you sir!

Makoto: See you later, Y/N-kun.

You: Y..You too Makoto-san!