Chapter 65

[ Phumi pov]

I've seen Khumo breakdown like this. It was to the point where I even had a breakdown.

Me:" Khumo, talk to me. Just tell me everything that is happening in your mind. Please." I said, begging her while hugging her. Her crying was not scaring me, but she was silently crying, which never happened. She most of the time cries out loud, which I thought was a way of her to let out all the pain she had, but now I truly don't know what's happening.

Kgosi:" Jabu, let's take them to the bedroom." He said, coming from outside.
I got up and was about to walk, but Kgosi decided to carry me. I was about to argue with him, but his eyes stopped me. I looked behind us and saw Jabu carrying Khumo.

They took us to the main bedroom, and Kgosi gently placed me on the bed. After I let go of his neck, he stood up straight, and we looked towards Khumo and Jabu, but Jabu was struggling to place Khumo down as she didn't want to let go.

Jabu:" Love, you need to let go. Look, Phumi is here. She'll be with you the whole time..." He said, trying to convince her to let go, but she refused.

Me:" It seems like she wants only you, Jabu. So, please stay with her, we'll give some space." I said, getting up from the bed.

Khumo looked at me with guilty eyes, but I just shook my head and gave her a smile. Jabu nodded and made space for himself next to her. I looked at Kgosi.

Me:" Let's go." I said to Kgosi. He nodded and was about to pick me up, but I told him not to. We walked out of the bedroom, but I felt a bit dizzy when we got to the corner and leaned on Kgosi. He shook his head and picked me up.

Me:" I said, I was fine." I told him as he carried me downstairs.

Kgosi:" Stubborn..." he growled softly.
He placed me on the couch and was about to sit down when the doorbell rang.

KG:" I'll go get." He said, coming from outside. His eyes were red, which indicated that he was crying.

He went to the door and came back with Lesego following him behind. Kgosi moved so he could take his place.

Lesego:" What's wrong? Where is Khumo?" He asked as soon as he sat. Kgosi and KG excused themselves and went to the back.

Me:" She is upstairs with Jabu. This year is worse than any other year. She really needs therapy." I said with tears sliding down my cheeks, but I quickly wiped them away, trying not to cry. These are the only times when I try my best not to cry so I can be strong for Khumo. Lesego hugged me tightly, knowing what's going on deep down inside of me.

Lesego:" It will be okay. We'll get the help she needs, okay?" He said, comforting me. I nodded and wrapped arms around his waist as darkness started calling my name.

****************************
[ Jabu pov]

After an hour, Khumo finally falls asleep. A knock came from the door. Kgosi walked in with Phumi in his arms. He placed her on the bed.

Kgosi:" We have a meeting downstairs. Lesego wants to explain what's going on here, but I think you already have an idea."

Me:" Let's go outside..." I said, getting up. As soon as Kgosi closed the door, he looked at me.

Kgosi:" Keep it short and brief..."

Me:" She got abused, raped and violated, and her own grandmother, Kgosi,her grandmother, did nothing to protect her. She just added onto her abuse. What grandmother does that? She didn't give her love a granny needs to give their grandchild. That second home a child needs, but no. All she did was make her suffer, for what? Greed. Envy, and that sick fuck that touched her will pay..."