chapter 55

[Phumzile pov]

I wish I could say my hormones are already taking over but think me and my baby know that's a lie. I looked over at Khumo and I could tell she was shocked from what I just said.

Him:" Hey, what's wrong? Hold on let me go to a quitter place."
I heard alot of shuffling around.
Khumo still looked at me shocked, I passed a glass of water before she faints on me.

Him:" okay. So what's wrong? What happened?"

Me:" ummm, I think it would be best face to face but I'm all the way in Northen Cape and I don't want to bother but-"

Him:" I'll be there in 2 hours."
He than he dropped the call not even allowing me to finish or answer.

I turned to face Khumo.
Khumo:" yo... you have... a dad? But how didn't your parents die in an accident?" She said trying to make sense of all of this. I took her hands in mine which made her look at me.

Me:" I'll tell you everything but first need you to breath... in and out." I said breathe in and out with her cause I also very much need it.

Me:" now came I don't want to Jabu find you on the floor. Come, in bed you go..." She climbed into the bed and placed her head on my chest. I gently rubbed her hair as I told about how my " father" had happened to just drop by the apartment to see me. Oh and I quote the word father cause we are still not sure if he is really my dad. That was one of the reasons why I called so we can just get the DNA test thing over and done with.

She laid still for a long time. I think she was still let all of this sink in.
Me:" Khumo, can I ask you something?"

Khumo:" always." She said moving a bit to look at me.

Me:" is it wrong of me to actually want him to be my father?" I asked looking down. She made me look at her in the eye.

Me:" you know it's always been me and Lesego against the world but now that there is a chance that we might or I might have father and I want it to happen that way but I know it's going to break Lesego's heart but really want to know my... I mean sir... sir." Wait I don't know his surname and before you even say I have the card, I don't anymore cause whiles I was putting it the number in my phone Lesego call out my name which startled me and while I was washing dishes at granny house and well when I took it out all the ink had gotten washed away but I was lucky done with it tho.

Khumo:" I'm guessing you don't know his name..." I was about to look down but than remember what he said about me lowering my head I looked at Khumo and nodded my head.

Me:" can you actually do something for me?"

Khumo:" anything love..."

Me:" can you please go outside and direct him here when he arrives... please."

She nodded and stood up.
Khumo:" I'll call Jabu or granny to come and sit with okay?"

Me:" Jabu yes, but granny right now no..." I said sighing.

Khumo:" okay, I understand..."

With that she left.

***************************
Outside
[Kgosi pov]

I'm now in a line at the cafeteria down stairs, buying Phumzile a teddy, flowers, chocolate and a balloon. I had lerato come with for her opinion on the things.

Lerato:" Firstly I never thought you would ever be doing this for  a woman it's so sweet." She said lower than usual which worried me.

Lerato:" And secondly, why do you have two surnames...?" She said looking at me directly.