chapter 12

[Phumzile pov]

Shema, poor Rori is trying but all he got are a few chuckles.

Rori:" So, you are bumed out ne?"
Me:" I did warn you." I sighed. As much I do want to laugh at some of the things he was saying, something always blocks it. Either the eye contact Zama makes with me or that feeling I always got when I was around boys and still in a relationship with Zama. Guilt. Why I had it? I don't know.
Rori:" Can at least get you a muffin or something after they announce you as the INTERN for the GOLDEN STARS!" He said loud. So that Zama and Thando hear.
Me:" Hey! Keep it down, plus I know Thando got it."
Rori:" but why did you come then."
Me:" honestly I came with the intentions of supporting her, but ... shit happened. "
Rori:" but what exactly happened. "
Me:" Umm-well..." I got interrupted by 3 gentlemen who walked into class, 1 was my lecturer Mr. Dlamini while other gentlemen were Mr. Ignorant and Mr. Jabu if I'm not mistaken.

Mr. Dlamini:" Listen up guys... today there will not be any class because we will be announcing who won the internship program. " some students cheered
Mr. Dlamini: " Can the top 5 students please step forward. " I looked at Rori with those 'thank you' eyes than got up to leave. When I was about to walk away, I felt a hand hold mine and it was Rori. He than want on to drag me to the front of the class. My first reaction was WHAT THE HECK, as specially when he dragged my me to the front. He stopped half way than mouthed 'you got this' than he let go of my hand,  turned and took a seat abit more closer to the front.

I then noticed Mr. Ignorant looking at me with anger in his eyes. I wonder why I rolled my eyes inwardly. If my day couldn't get any worse, well then here is the bomb. Honestly when I thought I had everything I wanted, but nope it was all a lie.

I stood in front shaking, but I noticed I wasn't the only one. So we're thy others.

Mr. Dlamini: "Okay students I'll be-"
Mr. Ignorant:" Wait Mr. Dlamini this year I'll make the announcement. "

Oh no! Why is it so important for him to make the announcement? God, please be with me.

*******************

[Jabu pov]

I knew what Kgosi was up to. He doesn't want to give Phumzile the internship program. I honestly thought he would change his mind after the talk he had with Phumzile but then his mood changed when he saw that boy hold Phumi's hand as they were coming down. How childish.

Mr. Dlamini: " Oh. Okay, then the floor is yours Mr de Wits."
Him:" Thank you, sir, I just want to say you all did well but unfortunately we can only take one and that is... drum roll please. " some students started banging on the tables.
Him:" Miss... Mahlangu."I knew it. Some students cheered. " Okay, sir I think-:"

Me:" Wait,wait. I also have an announcement." He looked at me surprised.
Me: "so yesterday there was a tie between the females that represented the group for the interviews and the fact that we could only pick one bothered me. So I took it upon myself that we can't letting such raw talent go to waste. So without further a do. Our second intern... Miss Mokana!" The whole class went crazy. Why? I also want to know. Oh, I'm sure Kgois is wondering how all this happened well...

Flashback

After our meeting with dad, dad chose Phumzile like I said he would. Kgois stormed out, angrily

Me:" Dad, if he announces who got the program then he is not going to give it to Phumzile. "
Dad:" So what do you suggest we do?" This is why I love my dad. He always allows you to do things yourself first then he jumps in if you need help
Me:" I think have a plan dad...all need is your approval."
Dad:" Okay son, what is it firstly?"
Me:" okay so the plan is..."

I went on and told him the plan and obviously he agreed but it was just a backup if Kgois doesn't give Phumzile the program.

Present

Me: "So one shall be working closely with me. While the other person will work the Mr. K. De Wits. " There was some more cheering
Me: "Phumzile!" I whispered to her and indicating to her to come stand next to me, while Thando want to Kgois.
She than came and stood next to me.

I noticed Kgosi the corner of my eye. To say he was angry was an understatement. He was furious, but hey, it is what it is.

*******************************

[Kgosi pov]

What the heck just happened!
Oh, so he knew I wouldn't pick Phumzile, so he made this whole plan up. I got to give him tho, I never thought he had it in him.

Jabu:" So let's make it official. Mr. K. De Wits..." He indicated with his hand that we should go first.
Me:" Sure. Thando if you would sign here." I said showing her the dotted line." And here." I said turning over the page.

I honestly didn't like the girl , specially with how she talked to Phumzile earlier on and I was about to rethink the whole thing but when I saw Phumzile holding that guy's hand. The plan was back on.

Me:" It's your guys turn, Mr. J. De Wits." I said looking angrily towards him.
Jabu:" of course. Phumi after you." He said indicating with his hand that she should go first.

She sign all the papers that were hers and gave Jabu the pen.

Jabu:" It's official, our two interns. Thando Mahlangu and Phumzile Mokana! " He announced proudly. There was cheering and clapping.
Mr. Dlamini: " Okay , okay students. You may now leave." They all started to leave. Thando even. When Phumzile was about to turn and leave I put her to the side and whispered.
Me: " this is not over. Miss Mokana." Which left her scared. Good. I than left.

*********************
[Phumzile pov]

What the hell just happened. I mean first I don't win the internship program but then we told that two people are chosen and I'm one of them. Deep, deep down I was happy but my happiness was short lived when Mr. Ignorant threatened me. Talk about
'this is not over. Miss Mokana', what does that even mean. And on top of that , I'll be in the same work space with Thando. Yaya! Great! Sigh, this is going to be the longest 6 months of my life.

------------------

Unfortunately it will but I think she'll make great friendships in the process. 😉

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, if you did please hit the little star to save your vote and comment on your thoughts of the book so far.

Love you mls 💗
As always stay blessed and safe
Bye 💋