chapter 24

[Phumzile pov]

Mr de Wits is such a breath of fresh air. After the whole drama he offered to buy me same breakfast just to apologize for his son's actions but I told him that it's fine and that I already ate. He said okay than left all of a sudden.

I was now alone with Mr. Ignorant and Jabu.
Jabu:" Kgosi what were you doing, exactly?" I don't think I should be hearing this conversation so i took out my earphones. Put them on and played 'better by Khalid' and was about to get back to work when Mr. Ignorant stopped me... again. I stopped the music.

Mr. Ignorant:" I told you to stop." I turned and looked at Jabu.
Me:" Sir should I stop working on the project, you assigned me." I said the last part looking at Mr. Ignorant.
Jabu:" Not at all." Mr. Ignorant looked at him with those ' what a betrayal' eyes. While I mouthed 'thank you' to him and got back to work.
Mr. Ignorant:" Miss Mokana if you do much as-"

I took a piece of material and pined it onto the board.

Me:"Do what Mr. Ignorant- sorry I um meant Mr.de Wits." Jabu busted into laughter while my mouth turned into a smirke.
Mr. Ignorant:" that's it!" He pulled me roughly by my arm. I was about to tell him to leave me when his father emerged at the door. He looked between us
Mr de Wits:" Really now! Come on will you act like this each time i leave you with this girl, really! Go and cool down right now" Thank God the room is soundproof and tinted. Mr. Ignorant huffed, got his hands of me than started to move

He looked at me with that 'it's not over' look and slammed the door behind him. Mr de Wits then came to me holding two cups of coffee in his hand.

Jabu:" Dad, you didn't have." He said trying to reach for the cup but got stopped by his father.
Mr de Wits:" this isn't for you it's for Miss Mokana. Made myself." He said the last part looking at me with a smile.
Me:" Thank you sir. But you really shouldn't have. If my mom was here she would have given me a beating." Him and Jabu laughed which I end up joining them.

Mr de Wits:" I hope you don't mind but I would really like to know more about you." He said sitting down.
Me:" Of course sir. Ask away." I said sitting down.

We than talked for about on hour or so with Jabu leaving in the process. He left after he told me that I must still continue with project and that I have only 2 weeks to complete it, so there wasn't much rush to finish it now.

*******************************************
[ Kgosi pov ]

"I swear this girl just makes me angry and she always catches me on my worst days." I thought to myself

I was currently in my office, stress working. I even asked Kim (my PA) to not disturb me and not to let anyone in. I guess she didn't tell the person who was currently walking into my office.

I looked up to see Thando holding a cup of coffee and Kim behind her and trying to stop her.
Kim:"sorry, sir. I tried to stop her." I gave a small nod and signaled her to leave
Me:" Thando did Kim not tell you that I don't want to be disturbed?" I asked with a blank expression on me face.
Her:" She did sir but I-" I raised my hand to stop her from continuing.
Me:" leave my office now."
Her:" But i-"
Me:" I said now! Thando."

She looked at me, than turned in her heels and walked away.

Again females.
.
.
.
.
.

It was dark by the time Kim asked to leave cause she had a family emergency. PA's aren't allowed to leave until we leave thats why she asked to leave. I checked the time and it was to 8. I allowed her to go and also decided that I should leave as well.

By this time all the workers should be gone , so i was shocked when i saw one of the boardroom lights still on. I thought maybe someone forgot to switch off the lights, so I went there. As I got closer i noticed that it's the room where Phumzile works. I lightly knock on the door.

In as much as I hate her gender, but I was wrong in the way I handled my anger and my father taught me better than how I behave earlier on. I knocked to the point i was tired of it and just decided to walk in. I saw her lieing in her arms, probably sleep. I really didn't want look around but my curiosity got the better of me and i started looking around.

I must say she did a great job with the colour code. It seemed as if she was done decorating the most bedrooms and lounge, which was 8 rooms in total, 'that was quick' I thought to myself. The place she was decorated was big... like really big. But that's because it's a palace from my dad's old associate. He asked him personally to rebuild and modernize the place, I of course designed the building. I turned and looked at her, she was really asleep but her body was on the edge of the seat she moved abit and was about to fall but I caught her in time, and also fell in the process.

So we were now on the floor with her on top of me. Her eyes turned into a frown as if she was have a nightmare. She sweating alot and shaking her head as if she was saying no. I didn't know what to do so I just hugged and tried to calm her down. My mind went straight to when Lerato when she was younger. She would always come to our bedroom and sleep with me when she got a nightmare.
Me:"shhhhh!! It's just dream. Shhhh!!" I said rubbing her back until she calmed down.

I than got her off me so I could stand up. I was about to leave but than my subconscious screamed at me for leaving her like that. So I tried waking her up,but it didn't work. So I carried her to my office.

When I got there I place her pon the couch. I took my coat which was lucky in the office and covered her with it. I was about to turn and leave when I than noticed that she was holding my hand.

I tried to get her hand off mine but only for her to tighten the grip.

Her:" Please don't leave..."

------------------------
And we come to the end of the chapter I did say I'll introduce the new character on this chapter so here you go.

Nkoisnathi Tebogo Pele. Born in KZN but as motioned, raised in Lesotho. He went to WITS University where he met Mapula and Dineo. He befriend them but was actually trying to get closer to Mapula. As the years went by he then finally expressed his feelings but was to late as her and Lesego were dating which caused the hatred between them(him and Lesego who were friendsat that time). As he couldn't stand see another man make Mapula happy, he went back to Lesotho after graduating and never talked to her again even when she tried reach out until a few days ago...

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...
As always stay blessed and safe 💗
Love you mls💕
Bye💋